World Series Victory Parade?

corran horn

Original Poster
There's a possibility the White Sox will win the Series tonight. Does anybody know if/when there will be a victory parade at the MK? How is this determined? Is it a sure thing every year?

Number_6

Though starting with this past Super Bowl, Disney said that they were suspending the practice of "I'm going to Disney World!" commercials and not holding the parades. The reasoning that was given was something about it possibly detracting from the HCOE. So, they may not have a celebration at Magic Kingdom at all. They didn't have one for the Patriots or the Spurs as far as I know, so most likely there won't be one for the World Series champs this year.

RoninHood

corran horn said:
There's a possibility the White Sox will win the Series tonight. Does anybody know if/when there will be a victory parade at the MK? How is this determined? Is it a sure thing every year?

Possibility?They are going to win it!
The astros are pathetic!they had so many chances to win last night and they blew all of them.
they shouldn't even be there to begin with,they barely got into they playoffs are there just a wild card team anyway.
it should really have been the phillies in the playoffs instead,but they had a bad series against the mets which made it close at the end.

RoninHood said:
Possibility?They are going to win it!
The astros are pathetic!they had so many chances to win last night and they blew all of them.
they shouldn't even be there to begin with,they barely got into they playoffs are there just a wild card team anyway.
it should really have been the phillies in the playoffs instead,but they had a bad series against the mets which made it close at the end.

"Just a wild card team?"

The 2004 Champion Boston Red Sox were "just a wild card team".
The 2003 champion Florida Marlins were "just a wild card team."
The 2002 champion Anaheim Angels were "just a wild card team."

Yep, three years in a row, the WS champion is "just a wild card team."

"It should really have been the phillies in the playoffs...":
Uh, they won fewer games than the Astros, so no, they shouldn't have. Sorry - your team failed, them's the breaks. (Not that I should talk - I'm a Cubs fan...)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Number_6 said:
Though starting with this past Super Bowl, Disney said that they were suspending the practice of "I'm going to Disney World!" commercials and not holding the parades. The reasoning that was given was something about it possibly detracting from the HCOE. So, they may not have a celebration at Magic Kingdom at all. They didn't have one for the Patriots or the Spurs as far as I know, so most likely there won't be one for the World Series champs this year.

The reason was that they gave the promotional budget to the Rose Bowl giveaway. (The one where all 70,000 fans got a DL ticket). This was just weeks prior to the Super Bowl, which is why they didn't do the "I'm going to Disney World" promotion.

shmmrname

A White Sox Parade at WDW!

Awesome, that would be a win/win situation, as usually we feel a little guilty when avoiding parade routes to ride the less crowded rides. This time we obviously wouldn't as nobody would ever feel bad about not seeing the White Sox.

corran horn

Original Poster
shmmrname said:
A White Sox Parade at WDW!

Awesome, that would be a win/win situation, as usually we feel a little guilty when avoiding parade routes to ride the less crowded rides. This time we obviously wouldn't as nobody would ever feel bad about not seeing the White Sox.

I agree. Die-hard Cub fan here. I was only asking for my wife and brother-in-law. :lol:

frankd1962

The Red Sox were the last team to have a parade at MK.

BTW, today is the anniversary of the Red Sox winning their championship last year. :king: I wish they had a place where I could get those two videos they did with the team saying they're going to WDW & DL.

BigNormsMom

All of you Illinoians, CONGRATULATIONS to your team. :sohappy: I am a fan of the city's other team, but I am soooo happy for the state of Illinois, especially the Chicagoians. The fans are such loyal people. Again congrats!!!:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom