World of Motion

Big C 73

Original Poster
This attraction was a wonderful view of Transportation history with a very comedic side. It was relaxing, cool, and fun does anyone miss this attraction? Is Test Track better?

Tomorrowsphere

Looking at the new videos of Test Track 2.0 is a better ride than the original Test Track, but World of Motion was fantastic. I know it cost lots to build rides with audio-animatronics, but that was the artistry missing in much of the newer rides. That is for another discussion. is it better? it is a completely different experience.

afar28

I sadly never got to experience original Epcot attractions, such as World of Motion :(
I really wish I did, it looked like a great ride. I do love Test Track though

I think they changed it for the better because who doesn't like Test Track?!
I didn't hate Test Track 1.0, simply as a ride... I probably will like 2.0 better for the Tron-like setting... But "for the better" is a matter of perspective... Test Track is extremely shallow in comparison. It doesn't teach anything about the history of transportation... It doesn't have a pulse... It was the combination learning, comedy and a catchy tune — "It's fun to be free"• that gave the whole thing life! And, at the risk of being repetitive (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/what-should-not-have-been-replaced.29964/page-5#post-5533559), it isn't as good a fit in "EPCOT", as originally conceived.

Marijil

I dont know if its better than TT because its so different...but it was one of my Epcot Center favorites...something so cool about the way the vehicles went around that pole at the entrance...

Bairstow

World of Motion was fine, but at the end of the day it was one more mammoth dark ride when Epoct already had too many.
Test Track gave Epcot something it was lacking and arguably has more re-ridability.
I do miss World of Motion's post-show though, particularly "The Water Engine".

I think they should have put Test Track and World of Motion in the same building, kind of like the original plans for the transportation pavilion.
That would've been a great idea! Kind of like the "The Land/Soarin'" combination... Keep a bit of the old with a bit of the new. If they couldn't fit it in the same building, it would've been easy to make additions to make the two work.

Fairybuzz

World of Motion was fine, but at the end of the day it was one more mammoth dark ride when Epoct already had too many.
Test Track gave Epcot something it was lacking and arguably has more re-ridability.
I do miss World of Motion's post-show though, particularly "The Water Engine".

I sorta disagree, I don't think there is a such thing as too many darkrides (magic Kingdom for instance). Darkrides are special because its one thing disney has that so few other places have. Universal, Sea World, Busch gardens, don't really have more than one or two if any. Six flags has like three in all of its parks combined. Theres a bunch of corney old ones scattered about but their cheap and in disrepair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom