World of Disney Store in New York City

Spyne

Original Poster
Has anyone been there yet? I don't live too far away from NYC, but I haven't been there yet. I want to go though!

Testtrack321

It's awesome. Amazing. Etc. First floor sucks though, usually your HSM and Hanna Montana stuff, rest of the floors are amazing!

Pioneer Hall

I've been there a number of times. It's nice and helps fill the void between trips. It isn't as good as the WoD at the resorts though.

lpet11984

Good to hear-- visiting WoD in NYC is one of my top items on the "to do" list while in NYC in April. I love the store's logo. Do they have any store specific merchandise??

Figment626

I enjoy the first floor......they have the pins on the first floor! haha. I have seen NYC specific items, last time I was there they had NYC pins exclusive to that store.

GrumpysGal

I really enjoyed it. I mean, it's a Disney store. You are bound to find something you like. I was engaged when I went and I purchased the Disney Weddings Planning DVD. It was a nice experience. I enjoyed the Disney art, too.

aeillill

They also have characters there on the 3rd floor I believe. If you go on the official website they have a calendar listing who will be there, and when. I've seen Tigger & Pooh there before.

lpet11984

Hate to double post, but didn't want to start a new thread when my question is related to this one---

Do the CMs in WoD NYC pin trade? I know they sell all kinds of pins there, but if I had some to trade, would there be CMs to trade with??

Dreamstuff

Hate to double post, but didn't want to start a new thread when my question is related to this one---

Do the CMs in WoD NYC pin trade? I know they sell all kinds of pins there, but if I had some to trade, would there be CMs to trade with??

YES! I live in NYC, I go to school not far from there so I practically live there after school, and they have all of that, its also pretty cool to chill with the characters!

F'nGoofy

The first Saturday morning of the month there is pin trading. The cast members all trade, and there are a few big traders on the third floor as well. They do some special games during the mornings as well. There are some character meet and greets upstairs as well. The gallery has some nice stuff as well. They have some exclusive NYC merchandise around the store too. If your in New York City, I'd definatly make a stop there.

Just There...

Wow...My DW and I were just there on Saturday.:sohappy:

We are headed to WDW in 46 more days and it was a great primer for the trip. We go to NYC about twice a year but have never been to the store. When we found it, where it was located among the very highest of the high end retailers, and saw the front of the store, I realized "this ain't no Mickey Mouse operation." After saying that in front of the store, I realized what a stupid saying that really is. It's top shelf all the way...in true Disney fashion...what a great place. The only down side was that they kept playing the theme song for "Enchanted" over and over again...now I can't get it out of my head...:hammer:<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom