World of Disney expansion

ABQ

The original jewelry case area was pretty fun though, with Ursula's tentacles running throughout the display. It was cut down quite a bit over the years, but was pretty good early on.

wedway71

Ok OCD moment... and to be fair,,,, maybe they are going to still fix.
BUT there have been a few people like myself that noticed how they did a poor job on patching the wood after removing the old sign. You can still see where the old sign hung.

1533153643092.png

mm121

You think that's bad. Look at the water tower, it still says the name of the prior company...
r-1457401352-DisneySpringsWaterTower2.jpg
Pretty sure they did the water tower on purpose, there's a bunch of signs and little nods to the prior use of things

But the world of Disney sign just looks bad

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I finally got over to the new (half-finished) store. Right now it looks AWFUL. The open layout is an improvement, but it's terribly bland and generic.
That being said, it's obvious that this is not the finished product if you look up. There is a small fleet of projectors directed at certain walls, which should certainly be put to good use. It looks like they'll be projecting on the larger plain walls by the registers, and I noticed some also pointed at the sketches framed on the wall. Given the fact that there are a great number of unfinished character sketches in the store, and that the logo clearly implies color will be a focus, I assume it will be using some tricks similar to The Animator's Palate restaurant on the cruise ships.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom