World of Disney expansion

FrostyNaples

Does the Shop Disney Parks app work within retailers @ Disney Springs as well? Such a convenient app, no waiting in lines to check out - have it shipped direct to home, resort, or front of the parks.

Shop bar codes, and continue on your day :D

Jon81uk

Does the Shop Disney Parks app work within retailers @ Disney Springs as well? Such a convenient app, no waiting in lines to check out - have it shipped direct to home, resort, or front of the parks.

My assumption would be it needs to be Disney owned store. So World of Disney, Marketplace Co-Op, Goofy's etc. But not Havianas, Art of Shaving or others

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov 18. The World of Disney store expansion opened this morning. Following @wdwmagic's post today, here are some additional photos and observations. There is one new entrance on the east end of the rooms, which has been shown in previous photos. The west end of he building has an emergency exit. There will be another new entrance on the west end of the building (where the restroom entrance used to be) leading to the "princess room" when other construction is completed. The back of the building already has completed landscaping, but is still walled off to pedestrian traffic.

Lots of new art on the ceilings in the new rooms.

IMG_6894.JPG

IMG_6897.JPG

The new left and right back rooms are adult men's and women's wear. The new center back room is mostly women's wear and accessories and a large checkout counter under window art that is reminiscent of the town of Disney Springs.

Today also debuts the new cast member uniform for World of Disney. The uniform is an untucked red shirt with brown pants, which can be seen on the cast member in the extreme right of the below photo.

IMG_6900.JPG

The new entrance has displays on either side of the door. Here is the right side display.

IMG_6892.JPG

Stitchon

It's too bad they didn't replace Stitch, or at least paint him in that pearlized tone the other characters have. He looks really bad now.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am so happy to see that CMs got a new uniform. I was really hoping that with all the renovations happening that they would get the poor CMs out of 1995 and into this decade. The new checkouts are fantastic. So much more organized and easier to navigate.

mm121

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov 18. The World of Disney store expansion opened this morning. Following @wdwmagic's post today, here are some additional photos and observations. There is one new entrance on the east end of the rooms, which has been shown in previous photos. The west end of he building has an emergency exit. There will be another new entrance on the west end of the building (where the restroom entrance used to be) leading to the "princess room" when other construction is completed. The back of the building already has completed landscaping, but is still walled off to pedestrian traffic.

Lots of new art on the ceilings in the new rooms.

View attachment 119781

View attachment 119782

The new left and right back rooms are adult men's and women's wear. The new center back room is mostly women's wear and accessories and a large checkout counter under window art that is reminiscent of the town of Disney Springs.

Today also debuts the new cast member uniform for World of Disney. The uniform is an untucked red shirt with brown pants, which can be seen on the cast member in the extreme right of the below photo.

View attachment 119783

The new entrance has displays on either side of the door. Here is the right side display.

View attachment 119785
totally wish someone had a layout/floorplan of the expansion, its hard to visualize the new interior layout of where they moved everything to with all the new entrances and exits

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Dec. 3. Three new window displays appear on the east side of the World of Disney store, just to the left of the Stitch entrance. Each window contains a Walt Disney quote. Here is a photo of one, which contains a bookcase filled with items and several old television cabinets. The TV screens are live, with video of Walt Disney explaining EPCOT and other old Disney programs.

IMG_6995.JPG

alissafalco

Photo update as of Thursday, Dec. 3. Three new window displays appear on the east side of the World of Disney store, just to the left of the Stitch entrance. Each window contains a Walt Disney quote. Here is a photo of one, which contains a bookcase filled with items and several old television cabinets. The TV screens are live, with video of Walt Disney explaining EPCOT and other old Disney programs.

View attachment 121913
I love it. That's pretty cool

olie64

I don't know if it works at Disney Springs, but it is awesome to by park merch from my chair and have it shipped to my house. I used it for Christmas presents this year.

FrostyNaples

I don't know if it works at Disney Springs, but it is awesome to by park merch from my chair and have it shipped to my house. I used it for Christmas presents this year.

It did work at Disney Owned location's in Disney Springs - love using it, from home as well!

I will say this, the customer service department is separate for the App. The number listed to contact them is 'busy signal', and they never reply to email communications.

I received a chipped glass back in November. Could never get a hold of them to exchange it, kind of frustrating.

I did end up ordering a new one, and just shipping the old one back in the same box for return. If they can't answer the phone, what can a customer do?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, February 15, 2018.

While the "expansion" started in 2015 is completed, I now submit remodeling information for World of Disney which began this week.
Two-thirds of the store is closed, separated by this black curtain. Work crews were busy today with saws and hammers making lots of noise taking it apart. The open part of the original World of Disney is the "right-hand" third, closest to the Lego store. Closed is the center section with all the ceiling sculptures, the "left-hand" side (Stitch door), and the entire rear rooms.

IMG_0201.JPG

The outside walls are placed so the interior work crews can access the building without disturbing Disney Springs guests.

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

Last edited:

mm121

Photo update as of Thursday, February 15, 2018.

While the "expansion" started in 2015 is completed, I now submit remodeling information for World of Disney which began this week.
Two-thirds of the store is closed, separated by this black curtain. Work crews were busy today with saws and hammers making lots of noise taking it apart. The open part of the original World of Disney is the "right-hand" third, closest to the Lego store. Closed is the center section with all the ceiling sculptures, the "left-hand" side (Stitch door), and the entire rear rooms.

View attachment 264326

View attachment 264327

View attachment 264328
do the walls outside mean they are destroying the exterior even though they just re painted it?

or are they just so the work crews can have access and space to put materials/trash/etc.

Goofywilliam

I peaked into the World of Disney Store tonight while visiting Disney Springs and noticed the parts walled off are GUTTED. What’s happening here? Are we getting a completely remodeled store?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom