World of Color Coming to WDSP in 2015?

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Grain of salt

I dont know much about WDSP, but if they can make it work and get the funds I'd be impressed to see another World of Color built, even more so since OLC opted out in favor of Fantasmic! I think it could work for the park to and pull the Animaion card for it fitting the park theme wise.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/01/look-at-disneyland-paris-future.html

A Night Show for the Walt Disney Studios?

Recently i saw on french forums a rumor talking about a lake that should be build behind WDS Hollywood Blvd and Tower of Terror. Well, DLP fans will be happy to learn that more than a simple rumor it's a real project. The Walt Disney Studios generally close each day around 7 p.m, mainly (but not only) because the park don't have a night show. So, the plan is to build a lake which will host not Fantasmic! but the World of Color show - yes, the same one opening in April at DCA.

Why World of Color instead of Fantasmic!, you ask? Well once it is built the World of Color show need less cast-members, so the operation cost won't be as high as Fantasmic! Still, DLP executives are probably waiting to know more about the maintenance cost of World of Color at DCA and then, eventually, and if the funds are available, World of Color will come to the WDS. As this is a long term project, don't expect it before at least 2015. But it's a good news that Imagineers are working on a WDS night show as the park really need one

Testtrack321

I get why to build a stadium for Fantasmic... but World of Color? That doesn't make much sense, though it would reduce the cost of making the fountain rig go up and down...

sponono88

I remember reading that blog entry a while ago.. I don't know, but to me it just sounds like a made-up rumor? It doesn't sound very credible. Just the way he words things I guess. First he mentions that it's a real project, then goes on to say that execs are "probably" waiting and that the funds aren't there.

Besides, where would the show go? They'd have to build a big lake for it (as the blog said) and that doesn't sound very smart seeing as that would make the project very expensive. :shrug:

if true, that would be great for the park. If they clone WoC, i'd rather see the show go to an overseas park than another park here in the US.

DTM93

There is already a plan to make a lake for the park anyway.

So, I hope that this would happen as I personally think it would be nice and definitely make the second park improve. If this happened and the new Ratatouille ride that is rumoured, Walt Disney Studios might actually turn into a full day park.

sponono88

yes, the park needs some kind of lake/body of water. I wonder if they'd build it within the park itself, or build a separate amphitheater like Fantasmic at DHS.

the cost for World of Color at DCA is estimated to be around $200 million, I heard that figure also includes the work done to remodel the viewing area. I would imagine building a body of water specifically for the show would bring that figure up quite a bit. quite an investment but it would definitely bring in big crowds to the park

EPCOT Explorer

yes, the park needs some kind of lake/body of water. I wonder if they'd build it within the park itself, or build a separate amphitheater like Fantasmic at DHS.

the cost for World of Color at DCA is estimated to be around $200 million, I heard that figure also includes the work done to remodel the viewing area. I would imagine building a body of water specifically for the show would bring that figure up quite a bit. quite an investment but it would definitely bring in big crowds to the park

Anything to make that park bigger....I heard you can see the opposite berm from the berm you are currently at?:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom