News "World of Color – One" coming to Disney California Adventure

TP2000

Okay, I just thought of something. After all this trash talking World of Color, for which I feel a tad guilty, you know what I really thought was clever and fun?...

That show they did for Disneyland's 60th. And at the end, after they played that very nice "Forever Young" exit song, they'd put up that clip of Walt Disney circa 1962 from Disneyland After Dark where he'd say "I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime..."
Now that was clever! I loved it and it made me chuckle. Walt would've laughed too.

Last edited:

wtyy21

Hurry Home will be presented as pre-show for World of Color: ONE at soft opening on January 25 and from the official opening date of the show on January 27. This pre-show currently plays before the original WOC but will changed after these dates.

wtyy21

Today is the official soft-opening (cast and media preview) of World of Color - ONE. It allow us to see the full glimpse of the new WOC show to the public for the first time before its official debut on January 27.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Today is the official soft-opening (cast and media preview) of World of Color - ONE. It allow us to see the full glimpse of the new WOC show to the public for the first time before its official debut on January 27.

Is tonight also the soft opening for the fireworks or is that only going to be on the 27th?

jrhwdw

Fireworks will be soft opening on January 26, unless high wind happens at the day, which will make Wondrous Journeys projection-only show.
So it will soft open tomorrow wind or not? I figured DL would do Mix Magic if they had too since Opening really isn't till Friday.
Hopefully Wondrous Journeys will have a B Mode with Low Pyro only like Believe and not cut everything any time there's wind...........

waltography

Set list for WoC: One based on the livestream I just watched. Doing it by ear so please correct me if I got anything wrong!

• "Start a Wave"
  • Pocahontas: "Colors of the Wind"
  • Encanto: "Abre Los Ojos", "Waiting on a Miracle"
  • Ratatouille: "Le Festin"
  • Soul: "Feel Soul Good"
  • Coco: "Recuérdame"/"Remember Me"
  • Star Wars: "Star Wars Main Theme", "The Force Theme"
  • The Lion King: "Circle of Life", "Under the Stars", "Lala"
  • Mulan: "Reflection"
  • Moana: "I Am Moana", "Te Ka Attacks"
  • Avengers: "The Avengers"
  • "Start a Wave" reprise (with a "We Go On" tag???)

I'm gonna sit with the show for a bit and try to see the show in person before I formulate an opinion, but my initial thoughts are tending towards disappointment, unfortunately; lots of really great "pictures" in the show that I want them to add to the main WoC show, but nothing particularly stands out in this show. The high winds certainly didn't help as the show was particularly blurry throughout. Feels a bit like a jump from HEA to Enchantment.

Disney Analyst

Set list for WoC: One based on the livestream I just watched. Doing it by ear so please correct me if I got anything wrong!

• "Start a Wave"

I'm gonna sit with the show for a bit and try to see the show in person before I formulate an opinion, but my initial thoughts are tending towards disappointment, unfortunately.

I liked it. Far better than the 60th show they created.

The fountains seemed to have a lot of great choreography, and some different uses than other shows they’ve done.

I need to watch it without the fountains in high wind mode which makes all of them shorter / less powerful.

waltography

I liked it. Far better than the 60th show they created.

The fountains seemed to have a lot of great choreography, and some different uses than other shows they’ve done.

I need to watch it without the fountains in high wind mode which makes all of them shorter / less powerful.
Definitely better than the 60th, and I agree that it leverages the platform they've built since the original to great effect sometimes. The entire Mulan sequence is something I want in WoC proper.

Vinnie Mac

Not gonna lie the middle segments almost put me to sleep but the Avengers segment, the Mulan and the finale segment were really good. I really like the original music that came with this show but the rest of it is... eh...

I think Disney has perfected the lighting and chorography of the fountains for WOC though because the effects are pulled off much better here than they ever were in the original show.

6/10 for me so far but I'm sure it's gonna be better when the high winds aren't beating down on the fountains.

wtyy21

• "Start a Wave"

I'm gonna sit with the show for a bit and try to see the show in person before I formulate an opinion, but my initial thoughts are tending towards disappointment, unfortunately; lots of really great "pictures" in the show that I want them to add to the main WoC show, but nothing particularly stands out in this show. The high winds certainly didn't help as the show was particularly blurry throughout. Feels a bit like a jump from HEA to Enchantment.
The reprise part is a nice tribute to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at EPCOT.

waltography

The reprise part is a nice tribute to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at EPCOT.
Right, I got that, but I don't know if I liked it to be honest; at least with previous WoC's tags it was related to the show somehow (like the "Part of Your World" and "A Whole New World" tags in the original WoC finale). This feels like the show creators want brownie points from fans for "doing the thing!!"

flurbyblurb

I'm someone who loves the original WoC despite its flaws. I really wanted to love this, but I just can't. The original WoC has a mix of slower beautiful moments and upbeat energizing songs. It felt like they wanted to go for "the feels" with the entire show this time, with too many slow songs. Even the upbeat parts - Star Wars, Avengers, were fairly slow and there was never a fist-pumping "awesome" moment, in my opinion.

There are lots of amazing and beautiful effects in this, especially with the lasers and the spinning fan fountains. But I just felt like the song choices and weird transitions between scenes kind of hampered things. Also missing effects: no lights on the Incredicoaster tube (afaik was only ever used in World of Color Villainous, that one year it played), and no giant fireball (edit: unless I missed it. My stream dropped for a little bit) (and hardly any flamethrowers in general. That could be due to the winds but recent videos of WoC show the flamethrowers in rough shape, only a few working).

I know the high winds also hampered it but the fountain programming wasn't my issue with it, so while it will be better with no wind, I don't think it will be that much improved.

Nland316

I actually really liked this show a lot. Maybe it was my tempered expectations but I thought it had a very thorough narrative that was easy to follow, something usually lacking in WOC.

Also have to say I was pleasantly surprised how the Star Wars segment focused on the OG trilogy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom