World Drive Phase-III

RobbinsDad

So, we have potentially a site between GF and Park for new resort. I HAVE to assume(yes, I know what happens when you assume...) that a tie into MK is the plan. I also agree that following the path of Star Wars, this will have some direct access to MK as part of the culture and indepthness(is this a word?).

So, I know we have Port Orleans French Quarter - but could this be some tie in to the update for Splash Mountain?
Fire Mountain would also be great, but I simply don't see that kind of expansion coming to MK anytime soon.

I also would not discount a Jungle Cruise tie in, as they are already working on version 2 by some reports(at least scripts and concepts).

I am sad that they have walked away from Reflections, done properly that could have been a really great site IMO.
The big flaw to me is there isn't an MK area as immersive as SW:GE to tie-in with a 2-day experience, unless the hotel alone is the experience, or they build a new land (*cough*arrendeleworldoffrozen*cough*).

Occum's Razor and all, it's probably what Hopemax said.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I assume nothing about a tie-in, but a Haunted Mansion themed hotel would be incredible. I don't think an immersion play would work as well here in the same way they are setting up SWGS. I hope for something heavily themed, not the Incredibles touch they put on Contemporary and not an opt-out cosplay. Bob would like that it ties in with an upcoming movie and a timeless attraction that (re)appears at every resort they build.
The problem with a HM resort (or any other with a dark or spooky theme) is people. People who believe in ghosts and will freak out with every squeak and rattle of the HVAC. Especially if there are several SFX around the resort to enhance the theme.

And some of these freakouts will be from adults. ;)

pdude81

The problem with a HM resort (or any other with a dark or spooky theme) is people. People who believe in ghosts and will freak out with every squeak and rattle of the HVAC. Especially if there are several SFX around the resort to enhance the theme.

True, but you could book a cruise and be deathly afraid of water. I would "hope" that people wouldn't book this hotel if they are scared easily, especially if it were to cost more than Grand Flor next door.

Although perhaps I'm reading your comment wrong, and you think it will be annoying for the rest of us when these people have faux-freakouts all day. I can see that

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
True, but you could book a cruise and be deathly afraid of water. I would "hope" that people wouldn't book this hotel if they are scared easily, especially if it were to cost more than Grand Flor next door.

Although perhaps I'm reading your comment wrong, and you think it will be annoying for the rest of us when these people have faux-freakouts all day. I can see that

And tween/teen girls are the worst. Especially if one gets spooked, the rest are ready to follow her off a cliff shrieking like banshees in the stampede.

<speaking from experience>

bcoachable

Possibly a "girls" leaning bibidy bobidy boutique (or however you spell that) would balance out the "boys" leaning Star Wars..??

ToTBellHop

If I were planning, I’d design a colonial-themed resort with a HM themed pool and dining complex.

Twirlnhurl

Glad to see some modern roundabouts coming to the resort. I think there is definitely a possibility that these roadway realignment could be for some very long-term planning for future resorts. But I think their primary benefit will be to rationalize the parking situation for these hotels and reduce pedestrian/vehicular conflicts.

If I had to guess, I would imagine that this has been on the drawing board for years, and that this project is likely funded by RCID tax revenue, so the pandemic has had little impact to the schedule.

deWild

I know there was a tread for this but I can't find it... A South Florida Water Management District Permit has been filed for the World Drive Phase-III. The way the road is being re-routed is interesting. Could this mean something is coming to land just north of the Grand Floridian?

View attachment 594191
Could this also suggest an eventual movement of backstage Frontierland to across the canal? This would open up a significant expansion pad for MK and could be a compromise between those wanting TSI to be removed and those in favor of expanding Frontierland/Adventureland.

In addition, it allows for a potential hotel to be built along the lagoon with monorail access, and conveniently utilizes the brand new sidewalk to MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom