Working @ WDW or other related job?

Do you want to someday work at WDW or someother related job in the future?

• Yes, just biding my time!

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, visiting is just fine for me.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Need more time to make a decision.......

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm already working at WDW or related job!!

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger Brent

Original Poster
As soon as my kids graduate from high school, I will be all set to make the move to Orlando. My plan is to work at WDW or someother related job. Anybody else have this dream? I still have 9 years to go before this comes to reality. Just wondering....

DisneyrazZ

I am currently working at the Disney Store in Columbia, SC :D its fun once you get there...however, sometimes i still dread going there in the first place...b/c it IS a job...

~DisneyrazZ~

Badger Brent

Original Poster
Some experience....

I worked at a TDS as a PT CM for a year until my daughter broke her leg and I needed time off to care for her and it didn't fall under leave of absence guidelines. It became too tough and I had to give my two weeks. Less then a month after I did this they closed the doors and didn't renew their lease. This all happened over the last three months. So I have some time in with the company. It was a pain in the a## a lot of the time. But the good overcame the bad and I really did like working there. So I guess what I'm saying is this. I know that it can be demanding, but I'm alright with that and can't wait to move down there and spread some Disney magic.

SnowWhite5669

I work at the Disney Store in Providence, RI. We rock!! I love it. My husband says that I come home happier from Disney than I do from the Secretary of State's Office.... I wonder why!!! I even got to dress as Snow White at Halloween. When you see the look on some of the small guests faces, it is all worth it. The crazy hours, the shipment, taking out the trash, etc. I love it!!!!:sohappy:

MKCustodial

Well, I had the brief stint as a Custodial, and I'd really like to go back, if I ever get to move to the US. Either as a Custodial, or maybe as a Supergreeter!:D

Quentin Disney

One of the reasons why I chose to attend the University of Central Florida is because I wanted to be closer to WDW. Visiting there for the first time in nearly 10 years back in 1999 literally opened me into a new world. It might sound foolish (and expensive right now since I'm an out-of-state student, working on in-state residency), but I'm rather happy with my decision. I enjoy living in a very different region from where I used to live.

Of course, not everything in Central Florida is rosy, but I do realize this area's shortcomings. Once I got down to Florida, I bought an Annual Pass. I renewed last August again, went down alot and eventually applied at casting this past March. I was kind of on the fence choosing to acutally work. While I do get in for free and have discounts, the pay is not that great and the magic will be exposed. Plus, I was actually seeking employment (a second job), so Disney was kind of a good fit for me.

I got a position in Merchandising at the Disney-MGM Studios. Since I'm facinated with pins as they found out that on my application, I got hired right on the spot. So far, I'm enjoying most of what I do. However, I do not look at my experiences with rose colored glassess. There are some undesirable things that irk me about my job, but for the most part, it is a positive experience.

Don't expect to come here and make fantastic money right away. Most of the roles here are rather low-paying, but you can move up internally. Being a CM is not for everyone. Not only you have to maintain a high level of guest service, its really helpful to have the Disney spirt, which I know none of you people don't have a problem with!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Quentin Disney
I got a position in Merchandising at the Disney-MGM Studios. Since I'm facinated with pins as they found out that on my application, I got hired right on the spot. So far, I'm enjoying most of what I do. However, I do not look at my experiences with rose colored glassess. There are some undesirable things that irk me about my job, but for the most part, it is a positive experience.

Don't expect to come here and make fantastic money right away. Most of the roles here are rather low-paying, but you can move up internally. Being a CM is not for everyone. Not only you have to maintain a high level of guest service, its really helpful to have the Disney spirt, which I know none of you people don't have a problem with!

Every job has its goods and bads. Sometimes people think that, because it's Disney, even working there would be Utopia-perfect. Personally, all the perks and discounts and being able to make magic every day was more than enough for the not-so-great-salary.

cm1988

Originally posted by Quentin Disney
...wanted to be closer to WDW.....happy with my decision. I enjoy living in a very different region from where I used to live...was kind of on the fence choosing to acutally work....was actually seeking employment (a second job), so Disney was kind of a good fit for me...enjoying most of what I do...do not look at my experiences with rose colored glasses... some undesirable things....but for the most part, it is a positive experience....Being a CM is not for everyone. Not only you have to maintain a high level of guest service, its really helpful to have the Disney spirt, which I know none of you people don't have a problem with!
That pretty much matches my first-year impressions. I found it something of a challenge to fit in at first... from out of state... with no one I knew locally. Not that people weren't 'nice'... just didn't seem to find that circle of friends right away.

Maybe I was a little slow in that regard, but at least after a year or so that picture changed. Now the Parks and Resorts truly seem like home... people I know everywhere, since after 2-3 years most transfer at least once.

The magic does not go away; just changes perspective. You feel more than pride... joy, really... when you see a fellow cast member making that happen onstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom