working out for Disney

Songbird76

I have never met someone in my life who talks so much. It's almost compulsive. What frustrates me is I am not someone who needs to "hold court" in a discussion. I am a quiet person, I only add a sentence or two to a discussion. LOL It's not only the compulsive talking, she needs to steer the conversation. If she is not interested in the topic, she will talk over you to change the subject.

We took her to the shops to pick up some things that are cheaper here than in the UK and I was talking. She started taking over me and my husband told her I was speaking. I finished what I was saying and she stopped talking altogether for a minute or two.

My flight Tuesday was cancelled. The earliest flight I could get was Thursday. I was supposed to leave Orlando Friday. I bumped my return to Sunday, but we're having a hard time finding a hotel room. I am thinking this is a bust. I tried my best. I am hoping we can meet up again soon. :)

How is your son doing in school?
Sympathy like. I'm so sorry it's not working out. I'm betting the hotels are still booked up because people don't know when they'll be able to go home again. Maybe something will open up later in the week.
DS seems to be doing ok....he has started feinting deafness when the bullies call him names, which is a HUGE step for him, and I'm so proud of him. Now as long as it doesn't become physical again, we're in business. For now, they've just been taunting him this year, but I'm afraid when they realize it doesn't work anymore, they'll up the ante. He did fall off his bike today, which made it a rough afternoon, but he's fine now. He scraped his knee a bit, but it didn't bleed at all. He screamed like he was dying and the crossing guard freaked out and insisted on getting a teacher to come look at him, but I think that was more to cover his own rear in case there was more than just a scraped knee. He fell right smack in the middle of the street...no idea what happened. He said it's my fault because I was going so fast and he was trying to keep up. :rolleyes: I sped up a tiny bit so we didn't hold up traffic as we crossed the street. But I wasn't going very fast at all, so I think he kind of panicked and lost his balance. Poor baby...if it's not one thing, it's another.

epcotisbest

Hey sweetie!! Thank you! Hopefully, the winds won't get as bad as they are calling for here. 50 mph gusts with 3-5 inches of rain. DH is at work waiting to see what happens. If it doesn't do a whole lot of damage here, they may send some crews to FL. I will keep you updated.
@epcotisbest stay safe!!!

Sending prayers and pixie dust to @93boomer and @epcotisbest hoping all is well down your way

Windy and rainy here, but could be much worse. We are both home, hoping the power does not go out. Lucky so far. Storm moved much further to the west than originally predicted.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning today was day 30 of yoga with Tim which was just a thank you for sticking it out so I treated myself to . Seeing the weather will be near perfect I'm going to do a double trip around my lake and then go to the pool:inlove: When the pool is open after school starts there are no life guards so adults only:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hey sweetie!! Thank you! Hopefully, the winds won't get as bad as they are calling for here. 50 mph gusts with 3-5 inches of rain. DH is at work waiting to see what happens. If it doesn't do a whole lot of damage here, they may send some crews to FL. I will keep you updated.
@epcotisbest stay safe!!!

I hope you guys made it though, ok, too. I wasn't exactly sure where you live. I knew generally, but I don't know how close to the ocean you are.

Sans Souci

Sympathy like. I'm so sorry it's not working out. I'm betting the hotels are still booked up because people don't know when they'll be able to go home again. Maybe something will open up later in the week.
DS seems to be doing ok....he has started feinting deafness when the bullies call him names, which is a HUGE step for him, and I'm so proud of him. Now as long as it doesn't become physical again, we're in business. For now, they've just been taunting him this year, but I'm afraid when they realize it doesn't work anymore, they'll up the ante. He did fall off his bike today, which made it a rough afternoon, but he's fine now. He scraped his knee a bit, but it didn't bleed at all. He screamed like he was dying and the crossing guard freaked out and insisted on getting a teacher to come look at him, but I think that was more to cover his own rear in case there was more than just a scraped knee. He fell right smack in the middle of the street...no idea what happened. He said it's my fault because I was going so fast and he was trying to keep up. :rolleyes: I sped up a tiny bit so we didn't hold up traffic as we crossed the street. But I wasn't going very fast at all, so I think he kind of panicked and lost his balance. Poor baby...if it's not one thing, it's another.

Aw, poor little dude.

That's what my son does when other kids start picking on him (not acknowledging the taunting). It took years trying to get him not to take the bait. It's mostly been successful. I think these kids lose interest if they can't get a rise.

Sans Souci

{{HUGS}} Maybe it's for the best with so many displaced people in Orlando right now. I hope you can reschedule soon. I hear Florida is lovely in January, Maybe Anaheim?

We're still trying to make it happen, but I am OK if it doesn't. It just a quick, bonus trip to catch up. It was one of those situations where all the stars seemed to align for us, so we all jumped on at the last minute. If we don't meet up this time, we're going to plan for maybe December, although I know it can get chilly down there. We went the first week of Feb. a few years ago and I remember wearing a hat, gloves and winter coat and shivering while watching Illuminations. LOL

93boomer

Premium Member
I hope you guys made it though, ok, too. I wasn't exactly sure where you live. I knew generally, but I don't know how close to the ocean you are.
Aww thanks! We are fine. It wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be though. Rain blew in the basement but not bad. We got 4 1/2 inches so far and lots of wind. We live in the NC mountains. My DD lives in the eastern part so closer to the coast. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
We're still trying to make it happen, but I am OK if it doesn't. It just a quick, bonus trip to catch up. It was one of those situations where all the stars seemed to align for us, so we all jumped on at the last minute. If we don't meet up this time, we're going to plan for maybe December, although I know it can get chilly down there. We went the first week of Feb. a few years ago and I remember wearing a hat, gloves and winter coat and shivering while watching Illuminations. LOL
We went in Dec one year and had 80s the first of the week. Then, the rest of the week was so cold we had the heavy coats and gloves. I think the highs were in the 50s. But, that was a cold front that came in. Most Decs are warmer than that.

Songbird76

Aw, poor little dude.

That's what my son does when other kids start picking on him (not acknowledging the taunting). It took years trying to get him not to take the bait. It's mostly been successful. I think these kids lose interest if they can't get a rise.
Well, this started in 1st grade...he's in 5th now and he's just starting to get it that they go away if he pretends he can't hear them. They walked away when he wouldn't rise. So yeah...4 years, but it's working so far.

Songbird76

Getting my steps in this week! I got an app yesterday that the schedule had been drastically changed at work, and to check to see if our hours had changed....they doubled mine. So I work every day the rest of this week and just today I've already got 18,503 steps in and the day isn't over yet. I should hit 20,000 before bedtime.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Getting my steps in this week! I got an app yesterday that the schedule had been drastically changed at work, and to check to see if our hours had changed....they doubled mine. So I work every day the rest of this week and just today I've already got 18,503 steps in and the day isn't over yet. I should hit 20,000 before bedtime.
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom