working out for Disney

Songbird76

My wife made stuffed bread today and I thought it was worth sharing.
A bought roll of dough, shaped in to a sorta thin loaf, layered with provolone, diced spatch chicken, caramelized onions, bbq sauce and cream cheese then rolled up and slits cut in the top. Not sure how long she baked it or what temp, but it came out very good.
Very tasty, though I did top my serving (or two) with some Try Me Tiger Sauce for a little extra kick.

View attachment 228028

View attachment 228029
Interesting. I sometimes make pepperoni bread...but I make my own bread dough, since we don't have ready made bread dough here. And I roll it out, put mozzarella cheese, some seasoning, and pepperoni over it, roll it up and do an egg wash with Parmesan cheese and oregano sprinkled over the top and then in the oven it goes. It's best when it's warm...so good. I haven't made it for AGES!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy zen and cooking day. So being almost at the end of my 30 days i can honestly compare this to 30 days of yoga with Adrienne. Tim's is much more like a regular workout and I didn't need to do weights this month and I feel a bit firmer. Adrienne's while you do get worked I was able to keep up a weight workout schedule all be it a bit lighter than normal. Adrienne's are also more relaxing as a whole. Just my 2 cents. I can't say which is better because they're a bit of apples and oranges:hilarious:

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest and @93boomer I hope the storm misses you and also hope Mr. boomer doesn't get called out. Be safe my friends
Thank you. The predicted path keeps shifting west. Just the other day we were in the direct center of the storm, of course a much smaller storm this far north. Now we are not in the path of the storm at all any more, but are still expecting wind and rain from it on Monday and Tuesday.
Some of my wife's office workers evacuated from the Savannah office to Macon, which now puts them much closer to the storm's path than what was predicted just a few days ago. Here at home, we are much further north and east. Offered our guest bedroom and downstairs den, but had no takers who wanted to drive this far north, but my wife suspects some would have felt uncomfortable staying with their manager.
So, we will probably get some wind and rain from the outer bands, but it could have been much worse.
Sunny, temps in the mid-fifties and a slight breeze right now. Last Sunday in Orlando it was in the 90s with high humidity. We have not even turned on the AC since we got home. We may just rethink our early Sept. travel in the future. Are the lower crowds worth the high heat? Not sure any more. I don't see how people stand it in the middle of summer.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you. The predicted path keeps shifting west. Just the other day we were in the direct center of the storm, of course a much smaller storm this far north. Now we are not in the path of the storm at all any more, but are still expecting wind and rain from it on Monday and Tuesday.
Some of my wife's office workers evacuated from the Savannah office to Macon, which now puts them much closer to the storm's path than what was predicted just a few days ago. Here at home, we are much further north and east. Offered our guest bedroom and downstairs den, but had no takers who wanted to drive this far north, but my wife suspects some would have felt uncomfortable staying with their manager.
So, we will probably get some wind and rain from the outer bands, but it could have been much worse.
Sunny, temps in the mid-fifties and a slight breeze right now. Last Sunday in Orlando it was in the 90s with high humidity. We have not even turned on the AC since we got home. We may just rethink our early Sept. travel in the future. Are the lower crowds worth the high heat? Not sure any more. I don't see how people stand it in the middle of summer.
I really didn't notice any heat last summer:joyfull: Most days were quite pleasant:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Songbird76

We went back to our hotel most days around 1 or 2 in the afternoon last Summer to avoid the worst of the heat and ventured out again for ADRs in the evening. I don't do well with heat, but we have no choice now because we get in trouble if the kids aren't in school. We can only travel in the height of Summer. When the kids grow up, we'll travel in late September to October to avoid the heat.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
All the cooking is done and I have enough cooked so everybody with their crazy schedules can fend for themselves most of this week. I'll just have to make a few salads and steam some veggies to balance thing out. Time for a nice warm bath with a Basin bath bomb(relaxation of course LOL):joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Songbird76

All the cooking is done and I have enough cooked so everybody with their crazy schedules can fend for themselves most of this week. I'll just have to make a few salads and steam some veggies to balance thing out. Time for a nice warm bath with a Basin bath bomb(relaxation of course LOL):joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Sounds like you deserve it!! I'm needing some veggies! Broccoli sounds particularly good right now...or zucchini. I was going to do spaghetti with zoodles tonight, but DD is sick and not feeling like eating, and I don't want to do her favorite when she won't eat it.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today is the first day of being all alone since my MIL left last night, my husband went back to work and my son went back to school. It's pretty quiet. I love it (Although, to be fair, my son is on the quiet side. Even when he's here, it's like being alone.).

I am going to get back into my workout groove this week. I have the best intentions when I have house guests, but they seem to fall apart. I did go walking a lot, though. I feel like I need that to clear my head.

I am going walk when it warms up a bit and do a quick kettle bell workout later.

Sans Souci

That drives me nuts...people talking over me. My MIL does that, too, though it sounds like your MIL does it on purpose where mine just isn't paying attention enough to realize that I was talking. Doing it on purpose makes it worse...it's almost like she's telling you to shut up. What does your husband do about it? He should be telling his mother to hold her horses. I guess you at least have a break from her today?
And I'm sorry about your trip. Didn't you say you had rescheduled for Tuesday? And where were you flying to? I see Irma's path has changed slightly, going a bit to the west, so maybe Orlando won't be hit as hard? I hope you can still go! It sounds like you need it! When does MIL leave?

I have never met someone in my life who talks so much. It's almost compulsive. What frustrates me is I am not someone who needs to "hold court" in a discussion. I am a quiet person, I only add a sentence or two to a discussion. LOL It's not only the compulsive talking, she needs to steer the conversation. If she is not interested in the topic, she will talk over you to change the subject.

We took her to the shops to pick up some things that are cheaper here than in the UK and I was talking. She started taking over me and my husband told her I was speaking. I finished what I was saying and she stopped talking altogether for a minute or two.

My flight Tuesday was cancelled. The earliest flight I could get was Thursday. I was supposed to leave Orlando Friday. I bumped my return to Sunday, but we're having a hard time finding a hotel room. I am thinking this is a bust. I tried my best. I am hoping we can meet up again soon. :)

How is your son doing in school?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have never met someone in my life who talks so much. It's almost compulsive. What frustrates me is I am not someone who needs to "hold court" in a discussion. I am a quiet person, I only add a sentence or two to a discussion. LOL It's not only the compulsive talking, she needs to steer the conversation. If she is not interested in the topic, she will talk over you to change the subject.

We took her to the shops to pick up some things that are cheaper here than in the UK and I was talking. She started taking over me and my husband told her I was speaking. I finished what I was saying and she stopped talking altogether for a minute or two.

My flight Tuesday was cancelled. The earliest flight I could get was Thursday. I was supposed to leave Orlando Friday. I bumped my return to Sunday, but we're having a hard time finding a hotel room. I am thinking this is a bust. I tried my best. I am hoping we can meet up again soon. :)

How is your son doing in school?
{{HUGS}} Maybe it's for the best with so many displaced people in Orlando right now. I hope you can reschedule soon. I hear Florida is lovely in January, Maybe Anaheim?

93boomer

Premium Member
Sending prayers and pixie dust to @93boomer and @epcotisbest hoping all is well down your way
Hey sweetie!! Thank you! Hopefully, the winds won't get as bad as they are calling for here. 50 mph gusts with 3-5 inches of rain. DH is at work waiting to see what happens. If it doesn't do a whole lot of damage here, they may send some crews to FL. I will keep you updated.
@epcotisbest stay safe!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom