Working out (fitness)

draybook

Original Poster
Not sure where else to put this. Do we have any gym rats here? I've finally been able to get back to the gym so I'm looking for possible pointers, especially with regards to strength training. Just looking for some routine ideas that work well. I'm looking to lose a few more pounds (20) but lean out and get ripped. Working on a protein setup now for the gains and all of that jazz. Anyhow, hopefully there are others out there!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not sure where else to put this. Do we have any gym rats here? I've finally been able to get back to the gym so I'm looking for possible pointers, especially with regards to strength training. Just looking for some routine ideas that work well. I'm looking to lose a few more pounds (20) but lean out and get ripped. Working on a protein setup now for the gains and all of that jazz. Anyhow, hopefully there are others out there!

Just wanted to say good for you, for your effort! :)

I wish I could help you out, but I don't go to a gym. I'm an outdoors gal, and get my exercise via walking/hiking, etc.

I'm sure there are other gym people here who could share some tips with you. In the interim, maybe check out some strength training videos on YouTube, for example.

draybook

Original Poster
Just wanted to say good for you, for your effort! :)

I wish I could help you out, but I don't go to a gym. I'm an outdoors gal, and get my exercise via walking/hiking, etc.

I'm sure there are other gym people here who could share some tips with you. In the interim, maybe check out some strength training videos on YouTube, for example.

Yeah, I'm down about 18 pounds over the last 3 weeks. Really, I just cut my sugar intake and I'm maintaining portion control. Got a membership to PF and I've been alternating the two teens as my free guest every night we go. Feels good.

NYwdwfan

I workout every morning, 6 days a week, and stretch/foam roll on sundays. Routine is key for me. I do mainly weights free weights 4 days and cardio/hiit the other 2. I workout at home so alternate between the programs on Beachbody on Demand so I have structure because left to my own I would be lost. I *think* Planet Fitness has free training sessions - maybe you can make some appointments and get a plan/form pointers? You can google weight plans but the trainer can help you get form right which makes a huge difference.

The Grand Inquisitor

That's great Dray! Back in 2017 I was a chubby kid. I started running 4 days a week and lifting weights everyday and I lost a lot of weight. I'm now trying to gain on a bunch of muscle. It can be hard because I have a naturally skinny build. I workout at my local YMCA and do free weights at my house as well. The main key is finding and forming your own plan and sticking by it. It can be hard but the payoff is great! I hope you do well! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom