Working For Disney

addidisney

Original Poster
Hello, I am very interested in working for DisneyWorld. I will be going to college at UCF (University Of Central Florida) next year! I was wondering could I work part-time at The MK park? How does it feel to work with Disney? Do you choose which park you would like to work at? What are the benefits? How is the pay?

Thanks!
Addison

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by addidisney
Hello, I am very interested in working for DisneyWorld. I will be going to college at UCF (University Of Central Florida) next year! I was wondering could I work part-time at The MK park? How does it feel to work with Disney? Do you choose which park you would like to work at? What are the benefits? How is the pay?

Wonderful! Another UCF student has arrived. I too attend UCF and work at WDW part-time (I have another job at the school on the side as well). I'm a Merchandise host for the Disney-MGM Studios working almost exclusively on the weekends.

Personally, I could talk all day about my job. While I don't wear rose-colored glassess, the majority of my experience is a positive one. Having worked many retail jobs in the past, I think this is the best one so far.

When I was at casting and evaluated from my application, they decided that merchandising was a good fit for me. I guess since I enjoyed pin trading as a hobby, something I put on my application, got me the job. What the people at casting look for is to fill positions in many areas. This can change gradually or as fast as a day. It wouldn't hurt to ask your interviewer to have a preference for the MK.

Of course, we do get a lot of benefits for working here. Free Admission in the parks, discounts and etc, but I really don't want to reveal them all in fear of getting in trouble.

Since you will probably commute from UCF to work here, pay is not the greatest for most entry-level positions. I get used to the driving however as I-4 is not as bad as everyone paints it here. Reliable transportation is a MUST! They won't even consider you without that.

Quentin Disney

One more thing, Addison! Since you are closer to WDW going to UCF and all. Causual Regular (Part-Time) is recommended over the College Program. I hear it's a lot better to do that for local college students. Sure, you could do it, but you will work a lot of hours though, mostly hours that the Full-Timers/ PT's can't work or aren't willing to work. Of course this is my opinion on the CP. While I do appreciate the CPers a whole bunch, I hear the program is not for everyone. Its obvious that you have to have the Disney spirit and a good work attitude. You must also live with othe CPers as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom