Working Backyard rollercoaster!! (no longer frustration)

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
Yes. Of course. I can do it for you on Thursday evening.
I don't mean to bother you, but did you work on it on rollercoaster tycoon 3? Im just really excited to see it. I tried to get it to work on my computer for 3 hours last night but I couldn't figure out the issue (yes, my homework was already done)

StarWarsGirl

I don't mean to bother you, but did you work on it on rollercoaster tycoon 3? Im just really excited to see it. I tried to get it to work on my computer for 3 hours last night but I couldn't figure out the issue (yes, my homework was already done)
Hi,

I will see about getting it to you tonight if possible. If not, you'll have it by Sunday evening. I've got homework too, lol.;) But I get Fridays off, so...

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
It probably derailed in RT also! :hilarious:

Did you ever get it fixed?
Well not quite. Two reasons for that. One is because its been cold, raining, and snowing in Wisconsin so we haven't been working on it and also we made a snowmaker because we haven't gotten enough snow and we want it now so that side tracked us

NYwdwfan

Figured I would bring this back again for those who are still interested. We had yet another fail with our coaster. Here is the video of our most recent update. Near the end is where we have one of our biggest fails yet (I have a small disney reference in it, listen for it!).

Welcome back!!

How much time do you spend tweaking it? Looks like a fun way to spend the day.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
Welcome back!!

How much time do you spend tweaking it? Looks like a fun way to spend the day.
Since the track is basically done, it is just a matter of building a working cart, so we probably spend maybe a few hours each week working on it. We barely touched it last summer, but this summer we did some touch up paint and straightened the drop. We just really want to ride it and can't wait for the day that it works! We have pushed each other down the track at the bottom of the drop just so we could kinda see what it feels like to ride on it, and it is really fun! When you ride on it, it almost feels like you are on the spider man ride at universal, it doesn't feel like you are rolling down the track, but rather floating above it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Figured I would bring this back again for those who are still interested. We had yet another fail with our coaster. Here is the video of our most recent update. Near the end is where we have one of our biggest fails yet (I have a small disney reference in it, listen for it!).

What a fun and creative idea! I really enjoyed the video. Even though the cart going down the first drop needed a bit more work, I was impressed with what you've done so far.. But that's the nature of assembling something new--it's often via trial and error. This has probably been a unique learning experience for you as well. Eventually, I think your roller coaster will work just fine. :)

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
What a fun and creative idea! I really enjoyed the video. Even though the cart going down the first drop needed a bit more work, I was impressed with what you've done so far.. But that's the nature of assembling something new--it's often via trial and error. This has probably been a unique learning experience for you as well. Eventually, I think your roller coaster will work just fine. :)
We have learned a ton from the project, and it is actually kinda fun to watch it fail and figure out how to fix it! It is frustrating, but fun. "Keep moving forward"

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
Awesome! Congratulations. You've been working on this for so long - it must have been really rewarding to have it finally work.

How far in advance can we book our fastpasses?
Thanks! It felt so great to go down the track and have it work! Its funny because as soon as it worked, we rode it about 5 times each, then took part of it apart to fix it, and add fun to it. To me it is really cool how extreme ours is compared to other backyard rollercoasters!

Nemo14

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Now just hope that these guys don't hear about it...
082115-other-bears-in-pool-pi-mp.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom