Work Starts At Shanghai Disneyland Site

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
According to several news sites in Shanghai area, the work began on January 5th to move 2000 households and 297 bussinesses off the 4 sg-km that will make up phase I of the Shanghai Disneyland. It went on to say that 40% of the household and bussinesses have already settled on reimbusments to move. All moves will be completed by June.

nemofinder22

According to several news sites in Shanghai area, the work began on January 5th to move 2000 households and 297 bussinesses off the 4 sg-km that will make up phase I of the Shanghai Disneyland. It went on to say that 40% of the household and bussinesses have already settled on reimbusments to move. All moves will be completed by June.

Good to hear, sucks for the people who have to be moved though.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
The news article also stated that the process is runing smooth due to the resettlement arrangements are reasonable compensations, they welcome designs of residential buildings for resettlement and help of lawyers as the third party of the moving.

I understand that they are benifiting from this project.

Wilt Dasney

You mean the state run Chinese media is saying that the people the government forcibly relocated are doing just hunky dory? Imagine that. :lookaroun

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
You mean the state run Chinese media is saying that the people the government forcibly relocated are doing just hunky dory? Imagine that. :lookaroun

You got me there - but I am still already planning my trip to Shanghai with maybe a stop a Tokyo. Been to Tokyo in 1984, but want to go again.

Wilt Dasney

You got me there - but I am still already planning my trip to Shanghai with maybe a stop a Tokyo. Been to Tokyo in 1984, but want to go again.
That sounds fun. You should go whole hog and hit up Hong Kong while you're in the neighborhood if budget allows. Hopefully those new lands will be finished by then.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
That sounds fun. You should go whole hog and hit up Hong Kong while you're in the neighborhood if budget allows. Hopefully those new lands will be finished by then.

Went to Hong Kong in 2009 and found it to be so small we only spent 3/4 of a day in the park. Had tickets for a second day and did not go back. Hope the expansion makes the visit to this Park better than the experience we had last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom