Work Happening North of Grand Floridian -- Ground Test for New Hotel?

Kamikaze

How would transportation to the MK work for that location? Just connect to the walkway from the GF? Also, if they were to build some high end resort here, I would hope it would not be too tall of a structure. I doubt people are dying to see back of house area adjacent to Adventure Land.
I'd assume they'd add a monorail station for MK/Epcot access. But you never know.

As far as the views go, half of the new DVC tower at DLR is going to directly face a residential neighborhood, so I don't think they worry about that too much these days.

Nthderivative

If this is the area you are talking about, I have a few ideas.

#1 - The area currently being dug out - behind the cast parking for GF - is likely for the golf course. Being that they have to redesign 2 (or 3?) holes, I suspect this area is for that project.

#2 - The fence next to the walkway from MK to GF is a staging area for materials for the refurb of the hotel, they have been storing shingles here for a few months.

#3 - If this area near the walkway is being prepared for any kind of hotel, they will need backfill for both the future road realignment and the hotels site. Time will tell on how they will go about doing this, the project would likely require a few burrow ponds in this area in order to supply the road project with backfill first.

I guess we'll have to see what happens - I haven't checked SFWM for any permits lately but those would tell a better story.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I was reminded later today of another project that is likely related to this. The roadway project currently underway near the Car Care Center will have a later phase up near the Grand Flo to re-route the roadway a little further to the west so it doesn't need to pass thru the grounds of the hotel any longer.

Floridian-Way-World-Drive-Magic-Kingdom-Phase-III-5978916.png

JoeCamel

I was reminded later today of another project that is likely related to this. The roadway project currently underway near the Car Care Center will have a later phase up near the Grand Flo to re-route the roadway a little further to the west so it doesn't need to pass thru the grounds of the hotel any longer.

View attachment 647456
Right, that is why they are replacing/reconfiguring two holes on the golf course to make room for the road.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If this is the area you are talking about, I have a few ideas.

#1 - The area currently being dug out - behind the cast parking for GF - is likely for the golf course. Being that they have to redesign 2 (or 3?) holes, I suspect this area is for that project.

#2 - The fence next to the walkway from MK to GF is a staging area for materials for the refurb of the hotel, they have been storing shingles here for a few months.

#3 - If this area near the walkway is being prepared for any kind of hotel, they will need backfill for both the future road realignment and the hotels site. Time will tell on how they will go about doing this, the project would likely require a few burrow ponds in this area in order to supply the road project with backfill first.

I guess we'll have to see what happens - I haven't checked SFWM for any permits lately but those would tell a better story.

I do daily checks of the SFWMD permits and this one came up today. This area is going to be for a cast parking lot expansion.

1655819709424.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom