"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
After meeting Buzz, we decided we wanted to go check out the new Story Book Land Circus. We didn’t plan on waiting the 30 and 40 minutes for the Barnstormer and Dumbo but we wanted to check out the area.
DSC_0608-1.jpg

The area looked really good. Everything was new and shiny. The cement even had horse shoe prints embedded in it (I don’t think I got a picture though as this was the only time we went over in that area)
DSC_0609-1.jpg

DSC_0611-1.jpg

DSC_0612-1.jpg

We decided we would take a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom before using our FP for Pooh. I love the train. It’s such a nice way to relax during the busy day.
After the train we used our Fp for Pooh and then decided we were getting a little hungry. It was about 3:30om so we headed over to Cosmic Rays. I didn’t take any pics but I got a chili dog with onion straws on it. It was really good. It was busy inside so we sat outside on the terrace. It wasn’t too hot so it was nice. We’ve never eaten out there before.

After lunch/dinner we decided to head to the front of the park and go over to MGM. While we were walking towards the monorail station the Avenger monorail went by

DSC_0614-1.jpg

I was excited to see this because I’ve been a fan of the Avengers even before the Captain America and Thor movies came out. (Thanks to this guy I was hanging out with 2 summers ago) I was bummed we never got to ride it on this trip.
DSC_0618-1.jpg

Here comes green!!
DSC_0619-1.jpg

DSC_0622-1.jpg

DSC_0624-1.jpg

DSC_0625-1.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We arrived at MGM around 5pm.
DSC_0628-1.jpg

DSC_0629-1.jpg

When we got inside we realized it was packed with groups. Some groups in bright green shirts, some in blue shirts, some in red. Looks like a bunch of school trips.
DSC_0633-1.jpg

Obligatory picture in front of the hat!!!
DSC_0634-1.jpg

DSC_0638-1.jpg

We headed down Sunset to see how the waits were for Tower and Rock N Roller Coaster. Both were pretty substantial so we grabbed FP for Tower and checked the single rider for RNRC which was closed off.
DSC_0636-1.jpg

DSC_0637-1.jpg

erstwo

I'm not that far into the TR (only to your arrival - that was quite the road trip!) but I wanted to say your TR title makes me giggle every time I see it. First it was because I thought of "Hey. Where's Perry?" and then it was because I assumed (before even starting this TR) that you must have lost your husband a time or two. Something I totally do all the time - I walk with 'purpose,' (read: I walk really fast) only to look around moments later and ask my kids, "Where did your Dad go?" :D

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I'm not that far into the TR (only to your arrival - that was quite the road trip!) but I wanted to say your TR title makes me giggle every time I see it. First it was because I thought of "Hey. Where's Perry?" and then it was because I assumed (before even starting this TR) that you must have lost your husband a time or two. Something I totally do all the time - I walk with 'purpose,' (read: I walk really fast) only to look around moments later and ask my kids, "Where did your Dad go?" :D

Thanks for reading!! No losing husbands on this end. I don't have one to lose! lol Adam is just an imaginary spider / crab. We did have several "Where's Mom?" moments though. She likes to wander off sometimes.... lol Oh and it makes me think of Perry too!! So, it's fitting I guess since Perry is a Disney character!

foreverbelle

I cry everytime I watch the end of the America thing as well damn it. Its just something about it. I too am proud to be an American. And living in the DC metro area some of those things just hit really close to home and all. But I am so glad I am not the only one to get all misty eyed.

I am so on love with your pics. I keep coming back to just look at them. Seriously some of them would make for great computer wallpaper..Tempting. lol.

I love the 'obligated pic in front of the hat' shot...lol.

jenseib

I guess my old one was taken off for conflict of interest...but stil lworking on the more recent one. I'm glad to be back. But life is busy.
I am still learning new things with my camera all the time.

Fashionista007

Hi Darolyn!! I love the TR, you guys are SO cute! You remind me a lot of me, my Mom, and my Sister. I was really glad to have the chance to meet you and I can't wait to see you again in September for ToT 10 miler :) If it ever stops raining here in FL, maybe I can get back to my training!!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I've been MIA on here the past few days. One of my best friends passed away last week and it's been really hard for me. And this weekend was just a little crazy... but, I'm back and hoping working on my TR will take my mind off some things....

I cry everytime I watch the end of the America thing as well damn it. Its just something about it. I too am proud to be an American. And living in the DC metro area some of those things just hit really close to home and all. But I am so glad I am not the only one to get all misty eyed.

I am so on love with your pics. I keep coming back to just look at them. Seriously some of them would make for great computer wallpaper..Tempting. lol.

I love the 'obligated pic in front of the hat' shot...lol.

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets teary eyed either!! lol I am such a crier... I cry over happy things, sad things.. It's awful. I cried when the Bruins won the cup last year. Here I am, in the middle of a bar, crying cause I was so happy... yeah, I'm weird lol

Feel free to save any pics you want! Like I said, I'm no Tom Bricker lol but I like to think I did a decent job with them!

I guess my old one was taken off for conflict of interest...but stil lworking on the more recent one. I'm glad to be back. But life is busy.
I am still learning new things with my camera all the time.

Oh I'm so bummed they took it down! Booooo!! :( I'm loving the other TR you're writing though. I really do love Universal. It's a nice change from Disney.

Hi Darolyn!! I love the TR, you guys are SO cute! You remind me a lot of me, my Mom, and my Sister. I was really glad to have the chance to meet you and I can't wait to see you again in September for ToT 10 miler :) If it ever stops raining here in FL, maybe I can get back to my training!!!

Hey girl!! Thanks so much! We all loved meeting you as well! You and Jason will make your appearance soon in here!! lol I am super excited to see you again in Sept!! And I saw you're getting some rain!! I hope your pool doesn't overflow!!! :(

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We headed back up Sunset and decided to check out a favorite. We decided to ride.....

DSC_0639-1.jpg

I took this picture of the ceiling and it sure came out red, huh?

DSC_0640-1.jpg

I still don't have the hang of indoor photos yet so be nice. The pics aren't superior quality by any means lol

DSC_0641-1.jpg

We had the gangster scene, per usual. I think it's been years since I've seen teh Western scene. they were running it that day but I totally forgot to ask until we were getting in our car.

DSC_0645-1.jpg

DSC_0648-1.jpg

We wandered back through Pixar Place towards the back lot.

DSC_0652-1.jpg

DSC_0653-1.jpg

We decided to stop and refresh ourselves with a drink at High Octane Refreshments, next to Studio Catering Company. Mom and Ashley got beers. I was brave and got a Long Island Iced Tea.

DSC_0654-1.jpg

DSC_0656-1.jpg

Instead of walking around we decided to just sit and soak in the atmosphere of the studios. We weren't in any rush to see anything right now. The bartender who made our drinks was very cute. He came out where we wre sitting to take down the sign (they were closing) and he asked how my drink was. I told him it was great and he said if he wasn't working he'd be out there having one with me... Ohhh, how I wish. What a stud!! lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We headed back through Pixar Place and towards Sunset. It was about that time to go and check on the waits down Sunset. Still no single rider for RNRC so we went up to Hollywood Blvs to check in one of the shops for a present for my best friends grandson.

After a little while or looking around, we headed up to grab seats for Fantasmic.

DSC_0662-1.jpg

They had a new pre-show going on and honestly, we didn't think it was that bad. Sitting on a metal bleacher for 45 minutes gets kinda old after the first 10 so anything to keep people occupied is good. I also got a soft pretzel with cheese (no pics)

Fantasmic was great as usual. No pictures though because it was VERY windy and wind was blowing the water straight back on the audience. We looked like we had been standing in a slight rain shower when we were done. And I was cold (I'm ALWAYS cold. Even in 70 Florida weather I'm a bit "chilly")

We again checked the single rider line for RNRC and decided to just give up for the night when it was still closed. I'm not sure why considering how busy the park was.

DSC_0663-1.jpg

Ashley will kill me if she ever sees that I posted this pic of her... lol
DSC_0665-1.jpg

Ashley and I decided to use our FP for Tower of Terror before heading towards the front of the park. Tower is our favorite ride and it did not disappoint. There was one super scary part at the end though. Right after you've finished dropping up and down 5,937 times and you back up and the car turns so you can get out, everything went black. We sat there for a few seconds and I thought it was just going to be a couple seconds and the doors would open and we would get out. But we sat there for like 30 seconds. We were in the top row and I was all the way over to the left (if you're looking at the car) so I was closest to the drop shaft in our row. I could hear the screams from the passangers in the elevator that was dropping. The emergency lights came on and I looked to my left and a couple workers appeared and looked like they were looking at some "fuse box" type of thing. All of a sudden, I look to my right and the doors where the drops happen open and I see the elevator behind us start backing up.. and it wasn't stopping. I swear to you I thought it was going to back up into us. Just short of hitting our car, it stopped. I'm not lying when I said I thought my last moments of life were going to be waiting to get off the Tower of Terror and I was going to be crushed. I KNOW that ride probably has a bazillion sensors and all but I still got scared. If I had been able to reach through the cage I could have touched the other elevator.

After our brush with death we headed towards the exit.

DSC_0667-1.jpg

DSC_0668-1.jpg

Quick stop in the treat store and mirror pic (For you Holly!)

DSC_0673-1.jpg

DSC_0675-1.jpg

I love the neon lights of MGM after dark...

DSC_0679-1.jpg

We took the tram to the car and headed back to the unit. Our first day of Disney was complete and it was a total blast! :)

LeCellier.Lover

Uumm that part about you guys nearly dying on ToT HOW SCARY! :eek: I would've freaked out!
But the part about your server back at High Octane Refreshments OO LAA LA!! :D Get it girl! Hahahaha!

diddy_mouse

I liked your nighttime Studios shots. I really need to explore this park more but I always seem to hit it on an off day. And um...that Tower story was pretty freaky! :eek:

Was glad to see an update from you, definitely helped with the Disney fix that I desperately needed today. ^_^

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom