Woody and buzz meet and greet

danlb_2000

Premium Member
just seems dumb considering the IP has its own land now, with dedicated rides. Why have the same IP (except mickey of course) strewn in multiple parks in the same basic locality? dumb.

Not like it's a unique situation, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo and Frozen are in multiple parks at WDW.

po1998

Never thought I would see the day on these forums when people are clamoring for a M&G as opposed to roaming. Roaming characters bring so much more spontaneity rather than the forced and scripted encounters of a M&G.
Roaming characters are going to lead to nothing but guest problems...

- Get those people out of my picture!

- I WAS HERE FIRST!

- Why can't I have an autograph!

etc....

The M&G eliminates all those problems...mostly in an A/C environment. LONG LIVE M&G's!!! :)

DisneyGigi

Roaming characters are going to lead to nothing but guest problems...

- Get those people out of my picture!

- I WAS HERE FIRST!

- Why can't I have an autograph!

etc....

The M&G eliminates all those problems...mostly in an A/C environment. LONG LIVE M&G's!!! :)
That is actually a good point too. I loved Disneyland’s roaming characters without handlers. It was awesome but Disneyland doesn’t have the mob crazy crowds like WDW does. Well, not when I went but that was 16 years ago.

I am confused though, I thought they blocked Pixar Place off @wdwmagic. Is it still open just to the meet and greet or can you still walk back to the construction wall?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is actually a good point too. I loved Disneyland’s roaming characters without handlers. It was awesome but Disneyland doesn’t have the mob crazy crowds like WDW does. Well, not when I went but that was 16 years ago.

I am confused though, I thought they blocked Pixar Place off @wdwmagic. Is it still open just to the meet and greet or can you still walk back to the construction wall?

The construction wall blocking Pixar Place were recently taken down.

Biff215

Unless it’s changed since last week, Buzz meets just beyond the TSL entrance in front of Slinky Dog (not the ride entrance). Woody and Jessie meet to the right of TSMM’s entrance. Green Army Men are roaming and the one we interacted with didn’t even have a handler. He actually had to ask a guest what time it was before he hurried off.

While nice to see the main characters out and about, they have long lines in very little shade where they are. Maybe with the wall down at Pixar Place they will move them back indoors.

DisneyGigi

Unless it’s changed since last week, Buzz meets just beyond the TSL entrance in front of Slinky Dog (not the ride entrance). Woody and Jessie meet to the right of TSMM’s entrance. Green Army Men are roaming and the one we interacted with didn’t even have a handler. He actually had to ask a guest what time it was before he hurried off.

While nice to see the main characters out and about, they have long lines in very little shade where they are. Maybe with the wall down at Pixar Place they will move them back indoors.

I am shocked that they didn’t put some shady areas in the land. The first time we met Buzz & Woody it was off the Streets of America. Near the coke bottles, that always got moved around. They had to take quite a few breaks and it actually was in a semi shaded area then. I wish they had put Al’s Toy Barn back for the meet and greets, that was awesome. I haven’t seen Jessie since 2014, near Splash. Glad she is back!

Biff215

They actually put the wall back up a few days ago. It's expanded out a bit further than it previously was.

EDIT: I see you just mentioned this in the other thread. I knew I should have posted about it on Thursday. :)
Guess they opened up Pixar Place temporarily for a special event? The wall was down for a week at most.

mm52200

The wall was down for three or four days and replaced with the bushes on wheels until it returned. Not sure about any special events.
No special event. Just using the bushes for a few days before putting up the new construction wall.

JohnD

They don't have multiple rides tho, just other minor stuff.

Why are rides the determining factor? They're represented in multiple parks. That doesn't make everything else "minor".

Little Mermaid: Ride (MK), M&G w/ Ariel (MK), Show (HS)
BATB: Attraction w/ Belle (MK), BOG (MK), Gastons Tavern (MK), BATB Show (HS), M&G w/ Belle (Ep)
Nemo: The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavillion (Ep), Nemo Show (AK)
Frozen: Ride (Ep), M&G (Ep), Frozen Sing Along (HS)

Jon81uk

They don't have multiple rides tho, just other minor stuff.

Little Mermaid has a ride(MK) and a major show (DHS).
Beauty & the Beast has a walkthrough show, restaurant (MK) and a show (DHS).
Finding Nemo has a ride (Ep) and a major show (DAK).
Frozen has a ride (Ep) and a major show (DHS).

These are all significant attractions for which Fastpass is available, not just "minor stuff".

JohnD

Little Mermaid has a ride(MK) and a major show (DHS).
Beauty & the Beast has a walkthrough show, restaurant (MK) and a show (DHS).
Finding Nemo has a ride (Ep) and a major show (DAK).
Frozen has a ride (Ep) and a major show (DHS).

These are all significant attractions for which Fastpass is available, not just "minor stuff".

Agree. Coincidentally, we both said the same thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom