News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Thank you! If anything, I hope this intro nips the bud of people thinking Disney100 is about Disneyland (though knowing how oblivious some folks can be, I doubt it'll do much).
I’ve seen so many comments from people online saying things like, “I thought Disneyland turned 60 a couple of years ago, but I guess they’re celebrating 100 years of the park’s history.”😑

People really can’t count and do simple mathematics.

gerarar

Premium Member
Wow! Now that's a fireworks spectacular.

I haven't gotten goosebumps from a new fireworks show in a while, probably not since seeing HEA for the first time. The new Wondrous theme song definitely has the same vibes, but I also love how "soft" it is and the medley. Also that mashup of Belle, Moana, Hercules, and Quasamido – perfect!!

Not just that, but the projections are amazing! I really liked when they draw out the different characters and sometimes make it comic-style. And then the syncronized castle and high pyro! Everything seems so well done. Bravo.

Hopefully this is the turning page of fireworks shows at Disney after a few clunkers the past couple years. Only complaint from me is that I wish it was longer! Also the resolution seemed too quick imo; when Moana says she's not the right person, could've extended that moment a few more before her grandma comes on.

Last edited:

IMDREW

So my only chance to visit Disneyland will be the week between christmas and januari 2nd. Does anyone know what they usually do with celebrations and the christmas season? I mean, I really want to see the 100 nighttime shows, magic happens and take my photo with the 100 overlay castle but am a bit afraid they’ll only have christmas shows, parade and winter overlay on the castle.

PiratesMansion

I'm going to stay away from video and audio, but I am thrilled beyond measure that the reception to this show is so positive!

I'm going to be in injury recovery mode for awhile with limited mobility, and this gives me something to look forward to for when I'm fully functional again.

I'm so happy that the show is a home run! I feel like we needed more wins, and it sounds like this delivers in every way it needs to, if not in length perhaps, then in every other area that counts.

Californian Elitist

I'm going to stay away from video and audio, but I am thrilled beyond measure that the reception to this show is so positive!

I'm going to be in injury recovery mode for awhile with limited mobility, and this gives me something to look forward to for when I'm fully functional again.

I'm so happy that the show is a home run! I feel like we needed more wins, and it sounds like this delivers in every way it needs to, if not in length perhaps, then in every other area that counts.
Read your second paragraph and paused. I hope everything is okay!

Rob562

For a relative Disneyland newbie, best spot to watch the show on a non-fireworks night? I'm assuming within Main St so you get some of those projections, but how far down Main St is too far?

The only night including fireworks we're seeing Fantasmic, so we'll have to just watch from our dining package area.

-Rob

Emmanuel

For a relative Disneyland newbie, best spot to watch the show on a non-fireworks night? I'm assuming within Main St so you get some of those projections, but how far down Main St is too far?

The only night including fireworks we're seeing Fantasmic, so we'll have to just watch from our dining package area.

-Rob

I would say if you're where the Emporium is that might be too far. You might want to get as close to the middle of Main Street as you can.

Watching it from the Rivers of America after Fantasmic is also a good choice as you'll knock out two shows with one stone. They'll do projections and fountains (if they all end up working when it comes back next month as the center fountains are the only ones working) out there during the fireworks. Just keep in mind that while you will be sitting for Fantasmic, you will be standing for the fireworks so be prepared to stretch for a few minutes between the end of Fantasmic and the beginning of Wondrous Journeys

Squishy

Are we sure that baymax isn't from dreaming up? I just noticed the baymax dreaming up unit has been missing since October. They are reusing the float for the new parade but the same baymax style isn't on the new float anymore.

Consumer

I've accepted that Disney doesn't make products for me anymore. Other than the "When You Wish Upon a Star" segment and Winnie the Pooh at the end, nothing here speaks to me. The main theme of the show is bad, the opening narrator is miscast, "Immortals" is a terrible selection for an entire segment, and there was no Chicken Little. Oh well, still way better than that unbelievably awful Pixar firework show from a few years back.

RDCT > Disneyland Forever > Magical > Wondrous Journey > Pixar Fest

Last edited:

tcool123

I've accepted that Disney doesn't make products for me anymore. Other than the "When You Wish Upon a Star" segment and Winnie the Pooh at the end, nothing here speaks to me. The main theme of the show is bad, the opening narrator is miscast, "Immortals" is a terrible selection for an entire segment, and there was no Chicken Little. Oh well, still way better than that unbelievably awful Pixar firework show from a few years back.

RDCT > Disneyland Forever > Magical > Wondrous Journey > Pixar Fest
Prior to the show they announced that every movie irs represented, but not all are on the castle. As all three other locations will have specific projections(Main Street, Small World, Fantasmic) as to how much these “unique” projections are actually unique is anyone’s guess

Belpois2712

Y'all, my Chicken Little comment was a joke. Focus on my actual criticisms, please.
The rest of your comment like you said is "not for you anymore". That's all personal taste. It seems that the general public and many here (including myself) really like this show with the main critique being that it is too short.

Chicken Little is in the show, we just don’t know where/how yet. This is why folks have to see it in person to get the full experience.
772816F1-D8BB-4677-8256-5D34EA927564.jpeg

chicken little is there when the fairy flies 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom