News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

waltography

It was TOO SHORT.

Need to see this in person as soon as I can. The “sad” section almost got me. I think it will get me in person.
Agreed! This could have benefited from an HEA runtime, but I'm relieved what's there is much stronger than what I would have expected from the team.

I don't care whatever they throw at us for the rest of Disney100, we got at least one win with this show in my eyes.

wtyy21

I really like how Winnie the Pooh interrupted the finale as he eats honey.
🔴 NEW DISNEYLAND FIREWORKS WONDROUS JOURNEYS _ Disneyland _ Disney100 18-45 screenshot.png

Californian Elitist

Agreed! This could have benefited from an HEA runtime, but I'm relieved what's there is much stronger than what I would have expected from the team.

I don't care whatever they throw at us for the rest of Disney100, we got at least one win with this show in my eyes.
I strongly believe Disney threw the assignment of “hosting” the company’s anniversary at Disneyland on short notice. Our firework shows tend to be longer than this. It would also explain why we learned about this just a four months ago, with everything coming together literally within just 48 hours of the start of the celebration. Even the castle doesn’t look exactly like the concept art, which didn’t happen for the 60th and 50th (they looked exactly like the concept art). It would also somewhat give some context surrounding all the misinformation and fake news regarding some of the banners and statue in and around the resort lol.

If TDA really did pull this off with little time, then brava. I’ve only been to the parks twice in the last three years, but this will get me there at least several times this year.

tcool123

My first thoughts via video:

WOW.

I felt like this was a great way of celebrating the storytelling and magic that makes up each Disney film.

My jaw did drop throughout various points of the video, eyes watered with tears , laughter came out of my mouth. To me this is a home run show, and is on par if not better than Happily Ever After alongside Momentous at Hong Kong. I can only imagine the experience from the parks

Good job DLR, if only WOC1 had the same thought. Perhaps it could’ve been a highlight of live action films, Pixar, MCU and Star Wars given that’s all was missing for Wondrous Journeys.

wtyy21

I swear it was advertised at 13 minutes?
Actually, it's 13:50 minutes, including pre-show narration (narrator remains unknown):

For over one hundred Years, Walt Disney Animation Studios has invited guests to believe in things never so possible. And so tonight, we once again invite you to wish upon a stars, to step into be unknown, and to join us on this our Wondrous Journey.

Walt Disney Animation Studios, as the narrator said, also refer to the companies that also predecessor to the present name since 2007, namely Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio/Disney Bros Studio (1923-1926), Walt Disney Studio (1926-1929), Walt Disney Productions (1929-1986), and Walt Disney Feature Animation (1986-2007).

Last edited:

waltography

Actually, it's 13:50 minutes, including pre-show narration (narrator remains unknown):
For over one hundred Years, Walt Disney Animation Studios has invited guests to believe in things never so possible. And so tonight, we once again will invite you to wish upon a stars, to step into the unknown, and to join us our Wondrous Journey.

Walt Disney Animation Studios, as the narrator said, also refer to the companies that also predecessor to the present name since 2007, namely Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio/Disney Bros Studio (1923-1926), Walt Disney Studio (1926-1929), Walt Disney Productions (1929-1986), and Walt Disney Feature Animation (1986-2007)
Thank you! If anything, I hope this intro nips the bud of people thinking Disney100 is about Disneyland (though knowing how oblivious some folks can be, I doubt it'll do much).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom