News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

Disney Analyst

Wondrous Journeys B-Roll video has been revealed on Disneyland News website, see in this link to watch or download the video.

In one notable changes from other Disneyland nighttime spectaculars (as Disney now officially called it instead of fireworks show), It is the first time that searchlights behind It's a Small World will be utilized.
View attachment 695051

WAIT THE BLUE FAIRY FLIES IN THIS SHOW?!?!?!

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 3.13.56 PM.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Nothing in B-Roll, we may be getting Blue Fairy instead, which is kind of a cool trade off.
Yeah, looks that way especially when seeing the Peter Pan part where Tink is only a projection. I’m a bit skeptical, but I’ll wait till the final product to see how it turns out

waltography

What we’ve seen of the projections so far are nothing short of incredible, honestly; what a treat, hope the same care and attention was spent throughout the show.

tcool123

Based on the B-Roll I'm cautiously optimistic about this show. The segments seem to be a bit more dynamic than WOC1 with a wider array of films represented, and the segue from Almost There to Hunchback to Peter Pan feeling satisfying. Then again this is a B-Roll, and could've been edited togtether in that way. I look forward to the official debut.

The flying Blue Fairy in particular, regardless of the show itself, is a win IMO for a character who is iconic yet rarely seen.

Disney Analyst

Based on the B-Roll I'm cautiously optimistic about this show. The segments seem to be a bit more dynamic than WOC1 with a wider array of films represented, and the segue from Almost There to Hunchback to Peter Pan feeling satisfying. Then again this is a B-Roll, and could've been edited togtether in that way. I look forward to the official debut.

The flying Blue Fairy in particular, regardless of the show itself, is a win IMO for a character who is iconic yet rarely seen.

I happily will trade out Tink in this case. What a fun surprise!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This looks simply superb, as do most shows from DL! I'm really regretting me and my hubby's west coast jaunt had to be canned this summer.

gerarar

Premium Member
Was that some pyro sparklers on Baymax? Is this the first time they used pyro in the zipline?

I've always wanted Tink to have her wand have pyro sparkles to give it an extra effect.

waltography

Another first look of Wondrous Journeys. It have early Mickey, Donald, and possibility Goofy at the start of the show. And the finale looks gorgeous and resembled Disneyland Forever fireworks.

I'm so glad to hear the tambourine! 😂 I've grown to love the song since I first heard it at D23, and I'm just really happy at the sonic diversity Disneyland's been trying between Wondrous Journeys and Magic Happens.

waltography

Will be watching a livestream preview tonight and scoring how well I did on guessing the setlist; so far I've been decent-ish?

Last edited:

waltography

Set list under the spoiler:
  • "It's Wondrous"
  • "I'm Wishing"/"When You Wish Upon A Star" medley
  • "Belle" (reprise)/"Go the Distance"/"How Far I'll Go"/"Out There" medley
  • "Almost There"
  • "For the First Time In Forever"
  • "Immortals"/"I'll Make a Man Out of You" medley
  • "...To Die For"
  • "I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors)"
  • "Dos Oroguitas"
  • "It's Wondrous" (reprise)
  • Exit music: "It's Wondrous" (a cappella version)
Honestly, I think I did well guessing! I guessed the gist of both medleys and most of the songs in them, which are easily the best parts of the show. And the exit music was a fun surprise!

Just wow. I might come down after sitting with this show but I need to catch this in person soon.

Edit: Okay I'm already coming down to earth, haha. A couple things I need to rewatch/think about for posterity's sake:
  1. It feels like this show is more castle pyro heavy than in shows past, but don't know. Anyone have any idea?
  2. The music is almost exclusively post Golden Age, but again I don't think I mind so much? I feel like Golden Age and prior was properly given attention, perhaps moreso than previous shows.
  3. That "I Want" medley... absolutely killer. I want whoever devised that to run Live Entertainment from now on.
  4. The projections might be too good? I was kind of overwhelmed deciding where to look between the fireworks and the projections, but I want to see how the Main Street projections look before I judge that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom