News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

waltography

I need to sit with this list a bit more, but this is my initial stab at a set mix mixed with expectations and wishful thinking:
  • "It's Wondrous"
  • "I'm Wishing"/"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"/"When You Wish Upon A Star" medley (Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio)
  • "You Can Fly" (Peter Pan)
  • "Part of Your World" (The Little Mermaid)
  • "Be Our Guest" (Beauty and the Beast)
  • "Just Around the Riverbend"/"Out There"/"Go the Distance" medley (Pocahontas, Hunchback, Hercules) **yes, this is an Animazement easter egg
  • "Circle of Life" (Lion King)
  • "You'll Be in My Heart" (Tarzan)
  • "Dig A Little Deeper" (Princess and the Frog)
  • "Immortals" (Big Hero 6)
  • "Try Everything" (Zootopia)
  • "Show Yourself" (Frozen 2)
  • "We Don't Talk About Bruno" (Encanto)
  • "More For Us" (Wish)
  • "It's Wondrous" finale reprise
I'm currently missing a song (maybe something from Aladdin or Tangled?) but otherwise I'd more or less love a show like this.

Dismeyfan2600

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

One of the nights they were testing, towards the beginning of the show, I went towards the front gate and heard what sounded like Cynthia Erivos version of When You Wish Upon a Star from the live action Pinocchio. I could be wrong or maybe it will be cut.

wtyy21

I need to sit with this list a bit more, but this is my initial stab at a set mix mixed with expectations and wishful thinking:
  • "It's Wondrous"
  • "I'm Wishing"/"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"/"When You Wish Upon A Star" medley (Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio)
  • "You Can Fly" (Peter Pan)
  • "Part of Your World" (The Little Mermaid)
  • "Be Our Guest" (Beauty and the Beast)
  • "Just Around the Riverbend"/"Out There"/"Go the Distance" medley (Pocahontas, Hunchback, Hercules) **yes, this is an Animazement easter egg
  • "Circle of Life" (Lion King)
  • "You'll Be in My Heart" (Tarzan)
  • "Dig A Little Deeper" (Princess and the Frog)
  • "Immortals" (Big Hero 6)
  • "Try Everything" (Zootopia)
  • "Show Yourself" (Frozen 2)
  • "We Don't Talk About Bruno" (Encanto)
  • "More For Us" (Wish)
  • "It's Wondrous" finale reprise
I'm currently missing a song (maybe something from Aladdin or Tangled?) but otherwise I'd more or less love a show like this.
Wishing that Tink flying at the opening part of fireworks show (weekends only) aside from Baymax (appeared at either projection-only days or with fireworks weekends).

waltography

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

One of the nights they were testing, towards the beginning of the show, I went towards the front gate and heard what sounded like Cynthia Erivos version of When You Wish Upon a Star from the live action Pinocchio. I could be wrong or maybe it will be cut.
I was worried about that when I put “Part of Your World” in my list. I wouldn’t hate if they used Halle Bailey’s version of “Part of Your World” in the show since I adore her, but since this a celebration of the animated movies I’d prefer they stick to the original voices as much as possible or use studio voices over new orchestration instead of pulling from live action.

wtyy21

Latest testing of Wondrous Journeys fireworks, where the show itself has two days left before the soft opening and media preview on January 26. Later videos from Mattercam and thecalibae Instagram account may have different testing of it.

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah is included in the ending of Paint the Night. That is probably why it hasn't been seen in years.
It was also in festival of fantasy and is in magic happens, although from what I heard from magic happens it was more ingrained into the soundtrack then festival of fantasy so that’s probably why brining that parade back was easier.

Squishy

It was also in festival of fantasy and is in magic happens, although from what I heard from magic happens it was more ingrained into the soundtrack then festival of fantasy so that’s probably why brining that parade back was easier.
The festival of fantasy track replacement was a lousy job, didnt even bother to replace it... They just removed the lyrics and called it a day.

wtyy21

Wondrous Journeys B-Roll video has been revealed on Disneyland News website, see in this link to watch or download the video.

In one notable changes from other Disneyland nighttime spectaculars (as Disney now officially called it instead of fireworks show), It is the first time that searchlights behind It's a Small World will be utilized.
Its A small World projection.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom