News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

VJ

I believe I read somewhere that Jordan Peterson (creative director for Magic Happens and Oogie Boogie Bash) is leading this project as well?

Pretty excited for it, even despite the lack of info. His projects are a breath of fresh air compared to Steve Davison's usual works.
Jordan Peterson is featured in the Wondrous Journeys behind-the-scenes video as show director. What I'm curious about is who's behind World of Color - ONE... Davison?

VJ

I mean, technically Davison is VP of Parades and Spectaculars, so he would have a hand in any and all at this point. Likely he assigns show leads to each, and he would be involved in major decision making.
Very true! The last show he was involved in hands-on is Harmonious, so I'm very curious to know if he's involved in WOC1 in a large capacity - especially since World of Color is his baby.

wtyy21

However, some of fireworks used for Wondrous Journeys are leftovers of Mix Magic. It shows that Mix Magic really impacted nearly all fireworks spectaculars that shown at DL. While the show looks more pretty amazing with beautiful finale, finale firework shells wouldn't as big as HEA at MK.

Disney Analyst

However, some of fireworks used for Wondrous Journeys are leftovers of Mix Magic. It shows that Mix Magic really impacted nearly all fireworks spectaculars that shown at DL. While the show looks more pretty amazing with beautiful finale, finale firework shells wouldn't as big as HEA at MK.

It looks like a standard Disneyland finale, in terms of shell size.

They’ve never had shells the size of MK’s shows (as far as I know).

wtyy21

Here's full testing of Wondrous Journeys, although it had recorded only 9 minutes. From instagram Dreamalongwithaaron.

wtyy21

Full Test from Mattercam:

Can't make out if Tink or Baymax was used...

I can see the sign of new spotlights being utilized at It's a small world, which if true, will be the first disneyland nighttime spectacular to have spotlights being utilized at IASW.

flurbyblurb

Video of the full Wondrous Journeys test last night, shot from the esplanade. They move closer to the main gate a few minutes into the video and you can hear a lot of the soundtrack. You can hear enough that this could be considered "spoilers" probably!

Edit: Adding my opinion, I think it looks and sounds great from what we can hear. I know some people were ambivalent on the Wondrous Journeys theme but you can hear it during the finale here and I think it fits well. Also Disney seems to have learned their lesson about trying to get away with a wimpy finale like they did with the original version of Enchantment at WDW.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Video of the full Wondrous Journeys test last night, shot from the esplanade. They move closer to the main gate a few minutes into the video and you can hear a lot of the soundtrack. You can hear enough that this could be considered "spoilers" probably!

It looks like a great spectacular.

jrhwdw

Edit: Adding my opinion, I think it looks and sounds great from what we can hear. I know some people were ambivalent on the Wondrous Journeys theme but you can hear it during the finale here and I think it fits well. Also Disney seems to have learned their lesson about trying to get away with a wimpy finale like they did with the original version of Enchantment at WDW.

You think TDA looked at DE? Just Asking.

A little disappointing on the Show Volume. I heard DL Forever better before the 60th started.

wtyy21

Giving that Disney100 medallion has been installed in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, i wondering if the medallion will be covered up during Wondrous Journeys nighttime spectacular. Disneyland Forever's original run in 2015 saw the 60th decoration being covered up during the show.

Before the show begins.
Sleeping Beauty Castle Disneyland 60 Anniversary.JPG

During Disneyland Forever fireworks show
noqocx-13.disney.60fireworks.0521.jag.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Giving that Disney100 medallion has been installed in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, i wondering if the medallion will be covered up during Wondrous Journeys nighttime spectacular. Disneyland Forever's original run in 2015 saw the 60th decoration being covered up during the show.

Before the show begins.
View attachment 693868

During Disneyland Forever fireworks show
View attachment 693869
I doubt it, in 2019 and 2022 when they brought back Disneyland d forever they never put the covering up and IMO the projections looked worse because of it

Attachments

• 2F44888D-8786-4E26-B1D1-5B07F4F9BB96.jpeg
    2F44888D-8786-4E26-B1D1-5B07F4F9BB96.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 57EC93C5-A060-4D09-98AB-64622F0F4F19.jpeg
    57EC93C5-A060-4D09-98AB-64622F0F4F19.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 73
  • BB61485F-BB51-4C34-9320-91929DBD9AD5.jpeg
    BB61485F-BB51-4C34-9320-91929DBD9AD5.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 65
  • 6C2195D5-FE98-47B0-982F-CAD0CAECD382.jpeg
    6C2195D5-FE98-47B0-982F-CAD0CAECD382.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 49E03F23-CEAB-4526-9639-7EA3E23DEA52.jpeg
    49E03F23-CEAB-4526-9639-7EA3E23DEA52.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 69

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom