News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

Disney Analyst

that is really weird! they work for me

Even when I try from this Fireworks page, it gives me the ate page when I try the Wondrous link.

But this Fireworks page does intrigue me, as it seems to have a default 10 minute time. So I wonder if that is a standard default, and then they manually change it when they develop a new show page:

1670351819397.png

VJ

Even when I try from this Fireworks page, it gives me the ate page when I try the Wondrous link.

But this Fireworks page does intrigue me, as it seems to have a default 10 minute time. So I wonder if that is a standard default, and then they manually change it when they develop a new show page:

View attachment 683499
OH i think it's because you're in canada maybe?

wtyy21

Seriously? And here I thought given the 60 or so movies they have to hit this would be on the longer side to do any of it justice. Good check on my expectations then: less Disneyland Forever, more Mickey's Mix Magic with the finale clip show of World of Color attached.
I still expecting a Castle pyro for Wondrous Journeys. Too disappointed if they decided to show this fireworks similar style to Mix Magic without castle pyro (unless inclement weather happens).

tcool123

According to the official show page on Disneyland.com, Wondrous Journeys will only be 10 minutes long.

For comparison, most recent Disneyland fireworks spectaculars have hovered around 15-20 minutes in length.
It’s showing as 13 minutes on my end.

hmm, just checked and it's still there - my current theory is they used the mickey's mix magic page as a template and forgot to change the runtime, BUT world of color one is listed as 22 minutes on its page, so.. i'm not sure what's going on
And this is showing to me as 24 minutes.

wtyy21

I have zero expectations for this show. It’s debuting next month and we’ve heard essentially nothing. Same with One.
Given that disappointed expectations of Disney Enchantment, we expecting nothing excited about both shows, except about fountains installed at the smaller DL castle.

Disney indeed should be learn how they could make a good and well-received nighttime spectaculars like Disneyland Forever, HEA, Momentous, or Believe! Sea of Dreams. Imagineers should not expecting flop of both shows to celebrating Disney's centennial, unlike how Strange World flopped at box office or how Enchantment flopped for guest reactions for WDW's 50th.

Californian Elitist

Given that disappointed expectations of Disney Enchantment, we expecting nothing excited about both shows, except about fountains installed at the smaller DL castle.

Disney indeed should be learn how they could make a good and well-received nighttime spectaculars like Disneyland Forever, HEA, Momentous, or Believe! Sea of Dreams. Imagineers should not expecting flop of both shows to celebrating Disney's centennial, unlike how Strange World flopped at box office or how Enchantment flopped for guest reactions for WDW's 50th.
I never use whatever happens at WDW as an indicator for what will happen here. There’s a lot of proof that TDO and TDA have different mindsets when it comes to the respective resorts. Enchantment’s quality personally has nothing to do with my lack of expectations.

CaptinEO

I never use whatever happens at WDW as an indicator for what will happen here. There’s a lot of proof that TDO and TDA have different mindsets when it comes to the respective resorts. Enchantment’s quality personally has nothing to do with my lack of expectations.
I wonder if this will change with the consolidation and move of Imagineering to Florida.

Californian Elitist

I wonder if this will change with the consolidation and move of Imagineering to Florida.
We don’t know if that’s still happening. Also, it doesn’t seem like it would, even if it were. Location of imagineering has nothing to do with it. TDO is simply cheap, and I strongly believe the culture of the two resorts, including the demographics of guests, has something to do with it.

CaptinEO

We don’t know if that’s still happening. Also, it doesn’t seem like it would, even if it were. Location of imagineering has nothing to do with it. TDO is simply cheap, and I strongly believe the culture of the two resorts, including the demographics of guests, has something to do with it.
I personally know a handful of people that were laid off for not agreeing to move earlier this year. Even though the Lake Nona Campus isn't built they already decimated imagineering and corporate Disney HQ.

Basically there was a staff reduction, in addition to the staff reduction those that didn't agree to move were laid off, the people that agreed to move prior were then given an extension for the timeline they need to move.

That could change I suppose but a lot of damage has already been done. Many positions were outright eliminated.

Californian Elitist

I personally know a handful of people that were laid off for not agreeing to move earlier this year. Even though the Lake Nona Campus isn't built they already decimated imagineering and corporate Disney HQ.

Basically there was a staff reduction, in addition to the staff reduction those that didn't agree to move were laid off, the people that agreed to move prior were then given an extension for the timeline they need to move.

That could change I suppose but a lot of damage has already been done. Many positions were outright eliminated.
Right, that was earlier this year.

Californian Elitist

I think Iger gave a non answer about looking into the Lake Nona plans at his town hall but I guarantee you the plans were his from the start.
We still don’t know what will go down.

My original post was about not using Enchantment as to whether I should be concerned or not about Wondrous. We can stick to that topic. This Lake Nona topic has its own thread somewhere.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has shared new details on Wondrous Journeys -

"This all-new nighttime spectacular will celebrate 100 years of Walt Disney Animation Studios in an experience that ignites the dreamer in all of us. “Wondrous Journeys” will feature nods to every film released by the iconic studio over the past century, with music, characters and special moments from favorite stories including “Encanto,” (depicted above), “Hercules,” “The Princess and the Frog,” “Peter Pan,” “Frozen,” “Treasure Planet,” “Big Hero 6,” “Moana,” and more.

After three decades in the motion picture business, Walt Disney created a whole new form of family entertainment in 1955 with the opening of Disneyland park. That’s why Disneyland, Walt’s original park, is the perfect place to debut “Wondrous Journeys.”

The spectacular will also feature an original new song, “It’s Wondrous,” that promises to capture your heart and spark your imagination. Check out this behind-the-scenes look at the recording session for this song, and hear from some of the creative minds behind this new spectacular.

Throughout “Wondrous Journeys,” you will embark on an adventure filled with artistry, music, storytelling, and heart as we celebrate the dreamers at Disney Animation who have shared their imagination and talents with the world for one hundred years.

State-of-the-art projection effects will surround you with blank pieces of paper, pencil sketches, and splashes of color, as the artistry of animators breathe life into beloved characters from Mickey Mouse and Bambi to Ariel and Mirabel. And in a thrilling moment of heroism, Baymax soars high above Sleeping Beauty Castle inspiring us all to fight for our dreams.

Special lighting effects, projections, and more carry us on an adventure full of possibilities, excitement, heartache, and determination that help us realize we all face trials and triumphs along the way to making our dreams come true.

Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the Rivers of America will turn into an artist’s canvas and bring stories to life all around you. And on select nights, “Wondrous Journeys” will go even bigger with the addition of sparkling fireworks in the sky above Disneyland park."

Behind the scenes video -

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom