News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
“Wondrous Journeys” at Disneyland park will ignite the wonder in everyone and feature nods to all 60 Walt Disney Animation Studios films to date, taking viewers on a journey filled with artistry, music, storytelling and heart. The show will feature a new song called “It’s Wondrous.”

i328ur783yi13791ou3hgy9o132ewfd.jpg

Disney Analyst

Knowing them, I’m sure the fireworks version will be the regular orchestral with pop we are used to.

The folksy version is probably post show or some special release.

PiratesMansion

Somehow I think they will skip everything from Saludos Amigos to Melody Time. We might get Ichabod and Mr. Toad.
They probably won't have trouble getting in Mickey and the Beanstalk (from Fun and Fancy Free).

Ichabod and Mr. Toad is a lock, since they can cross promote with both the ride and one of their most famous pieces of Halloween media.

Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros both feature Donald, so they can always fallback to that, and Soundsational used the film too.

Melody Time and MMM will be the stretches.

Animaniac93-98

They'll probably play stock footage simultaneously from a lot of these movies. Like 4 at once on the castle for 2 seconds. Or have group shots with multiple characters.

The use of all 60 movies is just a gimmick. Not expecting to even notice what they do for Great Mouse Detective or Oliver and Company.

PiratesMansion

Is Song of the South included?
Song of the South has never counted (at least as far as I've been seriously following Disney).

The 60 films are the 60 animated films that are considered part of the official Disney Animated Canon.

What does and does not count is somewhat arbitrary and has varied over history. For example, at one point Dinosaur was considered its own thing but then was quietly admitted into the canon at a later date. But more recently it has stayed rigidly the same.

Pixar movies, movies that mix live action and animation (as SOTS does, but also movies like Mary Poppins and Bedknobs & Broomsticks), most of the sequels (made by DisneyToon studios and not Disney Feature Animation), and Nightmare Before Christmas do not count towards the 60. That has been consistent for at least as long as I have been following this.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Song of the South has never counted (at least as far as I've been seriously following Disney).

The 60 films are the 60 animated films that are considered part of the official Disney Animated Canon.

What does and does not count is somewhat arbitrary and has varied over history. For example, at one point Dinosaur was considered its own thing but then was quietly admitted into the canon at a later date. But more recently it has stayed rigidly the same.

Pixar movies, movies that mix live action and animation (as SOTS does, but also movies like Mary Poppins and Bedknobs & Broomsticks), most of the sequels (made by DisneyToon studios and not Disney Feature Animation), and Nightmare Before Christmas do not count towards the 60. That has been consistent for at least as long as I have been following this.
The real question is whether they will include the 61st film, Strange World, which will have been released by the time this debuts.

I want Movies such as Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Fox and the Hound, Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company, Home on the Range and Chicken Little to appear in the Show.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I want Movies such as Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Fox and the Hound, Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company, Home on the Range and Chicken Little to appear in the Show.
I would expect all of those represented in the show.

mlayton144

LOL - let’s condense themes / melodies from 60 songs into a ~20 minute medley - what could possibly go wrong ? Would hate to be the composer tasked with doing this - I’m sure he\her will as well. Sounds like another advertisement show

Phroobar

I imagine they'll just project various characters dancing or something on Main Street to hit that 'nod to 60 film' quota- with the usuals- Little Mermaid, Lion King, etc. still getting the most playtime.
Maybe there will be a two minute segment on the Black Cauldron?

Oh and monkeys might fly out of my....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom