Wonders of Life Rehab

matt88mph

Original Poster
I've been thinking that even though I love WoL to death (and life!), it could use a spruce-up, so here's what I have so far.

Body Wars: Given a rehab like the one talked about with Star Tours, with multiple destinations, like the current Splinter, the Heart, the Brain, and the Stomach.

Cranium Command: I'm still unsure of this one. I could just fix up the current film, or go in a new direction where Buzzy has to make some pretty risky decisions, like with drugs and food choices. Either way, more in-theater effects.

The Making of Me: Pretty much kept as-is. Can't think of anything to do with it.

Frontiers of Medicine: Expanded, with a new area, with more below.

Sensory Funhouse: Kept as-is. I still see little kids enjoying this one.

Well and Goods and Good n' Healthy: Brought back, with expanded menu options for GnH, and ESPN merchandise for WaG.

Sportstravaganza! Presented by ESPN: Coach's Corner returns, with a brand new attitude. People can get batting lessons from the Hall of Famer of their choice: Wade Boggs (one even Yankee and Red Sox fans can agree on), Gary Carter (just 'cause he's so cool), Paul Molitor, Ryne Sandberg, Eddie Murray, or Ozzie Smith. The exercise bikes return.

LifeForum: The expansion to Frontiers of Medicine, where there are live discussions and lectures on important life issues, such as cloning, abortions, childhood obesity, and stem-cell research. People may just leave with a new view on things.

Throughout the walls in WoL, TV screens will occasionally play advertisements for attractions located in the pavillion, starring the characters from Cranium Command. As I come up with ideas for the ads, I will post them here.

So that's pretty much it. Post here with questions or comments.

Dr Banner

I think what this pavillion needs most is a Land type rehab. In other words, a complete redo of the whole thing, because as it stands this pavillion looks so outdated and 80's.

stitchcastle

I was thinking maybe make it more serious and have scientists working on cures and such for diseases, an attraction about cloning, an updated Body Wars, history of medicine dark ride, or better yet...

Have the entire pavillion re-themed to look like a giant cell (you know? the building blocks o life) and us guests would be micro-organisms helping to run it.

RedFurredCadet

So I bumped into this thread from earlier on, just when I was going to start a new one from scratch... apparently at a glance i kind of like the suggestion of what could have been done to bring WOL to the 21st Century.

And speaking of which, here's another one I just found:
They could do so much with this...exhibits with fake CTs that kids can walk in front of and see their internal organs...fake x-ray machines...BP machines...I can see the 7 year olds lining up to get their blood pressures read ;)

goofy donald

I think what this pavillion needs most is a Land type rehab. In other words, a complete redo of the whole thing, because as it stands this pavillion looks so outdated and 80's.

If it ever does reopen, it will need just that because nothing (besides maybe parts of cranium command) are left in the pavilion. Everything else described by the original poster is either in Disney graveyards or in use as parts in other Disney attractions. there is zero chance wonders of life will ever return in anywhere near its original form, let alone the theme of life at all.

Theme Parkitect

Actually, it's the exact opposite. Cranium Command has been removed entirely! Body Wars is still there and the facility was actually used to test the revamped Star Tours for executives and others before it could be installed in the actual building.

RedFurredCadet

O.O Oh my- wow. So I'm thinking they put Buzzy six feet under at this rate, but I'm thinking, how did you manage to get such news of the attraction theater being gutted?

RedFurredCadet

*scratches head*
Hmmm... I'm pretty neutral about this. Although I'm for WoL getting a rehab, all I can hope is that Buzzy be restored and (in the case of the Horizons AA display case) placed on display somewhere. Of course, that's another story. (And hopefully better than having him wind up in the graveyard.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom