Wonders of Life really gone for good?

KDM31091

Original Poster
I have read a lot of threads on here about it, but I cannot find a conclusive answer that is recent. Is Wonders of Life really gone for good and never going to reopen? Sure, they took down the signage and stuff, but did they actually destroy the attractions?

It was so outdated, but I did love Cranium Command, and it seems stupid, but I'd be happy just to know it was still there, behind all the potted plants and walls. I heard Body Wars was being used for parts, but from the pics I've seen of the inside of the pavilion, it looks like they really just boarded everything up, not demolished it - is there any chance, or is it gone for good, for sure?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I wouldn't exactly say it's dead, but I do believe they play "Taps" outside its doors every night......

Vince3

I could be wrong but I thought they were just going to refurb.Let me see if I could find were & what I had read.

Horizons1

WOL will never reopen, at least not in its current state. The pods for Body Wars have been used for testing ST2 and for spare parts. CC sits collecting dust and the que is used for storage. The pavilion will not reopen until a serious investment of capitol happens in that dome. And there's a good chance it may reopen as a pavilion with new subject matter. Time will tell if plans go forward or not.

Courtney1188

As someone who has been in the building since it shut down, I don't see it ever reopening. There is just too much that they would have to do.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Isnt death one of the wonders of life.

But so is pooh.

Touche....

And.....
FacePalm.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As someone who has been in the building since it shut down, I don't see it ever reopening. There is just too much that they would have to do.
Not at all. The infrastructure is still there. Even the audio systems are still intact ;)

The biggest issue would be the hydraulics on the sims. They havn`t been properly cycled for a long time now.

copcarguyp71

Everytime I hear rumors about the demise (rumored only!!) of COP to make more room in tomorrowland I think to myself that they should update it and move it to the WOL pavillion...It would fit well with the Epcot theme IMO. While we are on the topic does anyone know when and if the UOE is due for a re-vamp? Ellen and Bill Nye are (over)due for some freshening up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom