Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The contract for Marvel Characters in Japan ends in about 10 years. If Universal wants to keep them, they need to go to Disney. Now if everyone here who says how valuable the rights are to have Marvel Characters are in Orlando they would have to have the same beliefs for Japan. A deal should be worked out that is benfitial to both companies but I don't think it will happen. But if I were able to implament a plan it would be only Disney can use the Marvel name, but Universal would get worldwide rights to Hulk and Spiderman. To bad it will never happen.

Not necessarily. The licensing fee Universal pays in Orlando can only increase with the rate of inflation, and they can keep that rate for as long as they want, so they are likely getting these rights at bargain price. In Japan they will have to re-negotiate when the current contract runs out and they may find it is not worth it there.

seascape

Not necessarily. The licensing fee Universal pays in Orlando can only increase with the rate of inflation, and they can keep that rate for as long as they want, so they are likely getting these rights at bargain price. In Japan they will have to re-negotiate when the current contract runs out and they may find it is not worth it there.
It is not up to Universal to decide to renew the Japanese contract. It is up to both companies. If Universal wants to keep some Marvel in Universal Japan then they will have to open up all Marvel contracts. That is Disney's right to demand. Disney will not let Universal have any rights outside of Orlando if Disney does not get some major concessions in Orlando. Universal will decide what they want and go from there. If they feel the rights to use the Marvel name for US theme Parks and the rides in Orlando it is their choice but they won't have them anywhere else while Disney will have Marvel Lands in all their locations including Orlando, even if they can't call Orlando Marvel.

lazyboy97o

It is not up to Universal to decide to renew the Japanese contract. It is up to both companies. If Universal wants to keep some Marvel in Universal Japan then they will have to open up all Marvel contracts. That is Disney's right to demand. Disney will not let Universal have any rights outside of Orlando if Disney does not get some major concessions in Orlando. Universal will decide what they want and go from there. If they feel the rights to use the Marvel name for US theme Parks and the rides in Orlando it is their choice but they won't have them anywhere else while Disney will have Marvel Lands in all their locations including Orlando, even if they can't call Orlando Marvel.
Just because Disney can try and get more doesn’t mean Universal has to go along with those demands. Universal is free to walk away from that deal and that deal alone. That’s all dependent on the contract not defining how renewal is to be handled (but of course you have repeatedly advocated for Disney to violate the terms of its agreements). You’re even more basic premise is also flawed, because Universal Orlando Resort will always have attractions that cannot be cloned simply due to its size.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Which has nothing to do with the statement I was commenting on.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, if they use ticket prices and hotel room rates as the "rate of inflation," Disney's got no incentive to force Uni to give up those characters.

gmajew

Premium Member
The Marvel debate has been beaten like a nail into dead word.... Lets move on... Yes they can use some characters some they can not will they buy them from Universal aint going to happen anytime soon meaning next 15 years... So lets move on... Back to the subject at hand... What if anything is going into this area?

SCOTLORR

There wouldn't have to be a new theme with those IPs. Life & health is a main topic in both films. Heck, add a 4D Wall-E film in the middle of the pavilion, another IP that focuses a lot on health.
There we go! honestly all 3 IP's are a great fit for that type of theme. But they could certainly tinker with the overall theme stated for the public with it having been closed for a while.

Phineas

I really hope that no matter what they do with this space, if it is to reopen with new attraction(s), the focus on health and wellness is maintained. There's basically an epidemic of obesity in this country, and Wonders of Life could serve as a sort of inspiration for guests to make certain lifestyle changes to ensure better quality of life.

Maybe Met Life is interesting in re-sponsoring? Or a different health insurance company?

Spash007

There we go! honestly all 3 IP's are a great fit for that type of theme. But they could certainly tinker with the overall theme stated for the public with it having been closed for a while.

I really wonder what the chance is that Disney is willing to add multiple attractions to a pavilion, and actually make it a pavilion again, rather than a free-standing ride. Really it seems like their only option though is to use this space as it is set up, with some enhancements and changes inside, rather than adding on due to the GotG tunnel behind it. And from a cost-perspective, I would think that would make sense. That makes me a little more hopeful they would keep it as a true pavilion, but my hope is still pretty low

njDizFan

The issue with Marvel in Epcot is that it doesn’t belong. DHS, yes; Epcot, no. But more is going to come along whether we like it or not, and if it’s done properly and to the theme of Epcot, then sure, it can happen. But Guardians took the place of an educational ride about Energy, and I would hate for Strange to get forced into a pavilion that was created for learning about the human body.

Now, on the flip side, ‘Wakandans’ teaching us about how a society comes together despite their differences (using Merchant tribe, Mining tribe, River tribe, etc.) to create a tapestry of technological culture would be something I would want to sit and watch. But in a Wakandan Embassy in a third Disneyland park or DHS, not Epcot.
Strangely enough I think the theme of Black Panther does align with Epcot (community, technology) but would be a horrible aesthetic match. Similar to say Wall-E in AK. Either way (in my opinion) no movies franchises should represented in either park, leave them for DHS and Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom