Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Bacon

Original Poster
Online I saw a photo of construction workers "replacing" the roof and some of the triangle's it seem's odd just to be for festivals. Articles say that Disneys possibly planning something, Why else would they completely replace the roof and triangle's and not just Powerwash it?

brb1006

6d29f84d-3f7c-4d87-8783-53bc1ddb5ea4_text_hi.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Online I saw a photo of construction workers "replacing" the roof and some of the triangle's it seem's odd just to be for festivals. Articles say that Disneys possibly planning something, Why else would they completely replace the roof and triangle's and not just Powerwash it?
Why would it be odd? Roofs have to be maintained pretty regularly. I don't know about you, but I would be pretty ticked if I paid a few hundred for a food and wine seminar and the building it was being held in had trash cans all over the place to catch water from a leaking roof.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The site which cannot be names posted these pictures and called this a roof restoration, but it could be nothing more the necessary repairs to fix/prevent leaks.

FerretAfros

Given the lousy condition the roof has been in recently, it's hardly a surprise that parts of it need to be replaced regardless of how the interior is being used. The structure is about 30 years old now, which is a really good run for any roofing material with minimal maintenance.

Here's a shot from November showing the gunk, grime, and mildew that's accumulated on it over the years. I have to imagine that the parts facing away from guest areas look at least as bad

23550065_10105759349564135_8666718192369714930_o.jpg

lazyboy97o

Maybe read up on the lifespan of roofing materials and systems instead of making silly predictions?

Stripes

The site which cannot be names posted these pictures and called this a roof restoration, but it could be nothing more the necessary repairs to fix/prevent leaks.
The site commented on Twitter: "The back already looks brand new, so it’s more than just a sealing"

Bolt

Nope - why else would they do it unless they were getting a new attention. Only plausible answer.

Figment Newton

Given the lousy condition the roof has been in recently, it's hardly a surprise that parts of it need to be replaced regardless of how the interior is being used. The structure is about 30 years old now, which is a really good run for any roofing material with minimal maintenance.

Here's a shot from November showing the gunk, grime, and mildew that's accumulated on it over the years. I have to imagine that the parts facing away from guest areas look at least as bad

View attachment 260486
I understand that WOL is a quasi-abandoned attraction/pavillion, but once the festival center started happening there - how could Disney let it get this bad? That's not even nitpicking, that golden dome would look nasty to any guest. I also noticed this grime when I went to Epcot a year ago.

Disney seems to accept this lack of maintenance now and especially if it is something they don't care about as much.

tonystank18

Hearing that Disney has pushed Epcot's overhaul even further (not including the news Guardians coaster and the Ratatouille ride) I highly doubt Disney is planning a new attraction for this building in it's shape especially now due to it's poor maintenance in the last few years.

Stripes

Wonders is frequently used for event space and corporate events etc. and it needs a working roof. I don't think there is more to this story.
Given the speculation from insiders that the pavilion was being considered for demolition, and long term plans call for a new attraction in the space, does the investment in the roof imply that Disney intends to keep the existing structure, in your opinion?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Given the speculation from insiders that the pavilion was being considered for demolition, and long term plans call for a new attraction in the space, does the investment in the roof imply that Disney intends to keep the existing structure, in your opinion?
I wouldn't be surprised to see Wonders remain as event space through to at least the opening of Guardians, then as I understand there are a number of options.

I'm not sure how extensive the roof work is, but I would expect that Disney has seen it worthwhile to do, even if the longterm future of the building is unclear. The event space is a huge earner for them.

lazyboy97o

No. You need to maintain the roof to keep using the facility. It’s also likely that whoever decided to get the roof fixed is not involved in future plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom