Wondering if people still sending postcards from WDW ?

AstridJMF

Original Poster
hey :)
I was surprised because there are near no postcards from Disneyworld, there are like 5 models which are from 20 years ago, so do you send postcards from Disneyworld?
Maybe is it a french thing to send postcard from our vacations (well even if we dont send not many for Christmas or any holidays) ...

Disney4family

When my kids were little, my mom would always purchase cards and mail them from there to my kids when we were on vacation together. She would sign off as if she were the princesses or Mickey and thank the kids for coming to visit. It was a special treat when we got home to get them from their favorite characters. Of course - the cards would end with - "See ya real soon!"

disney4life2008

What is a postcard?

Lol. I remember as recent as 5 years ago, i would purchase about 20 post cards,then i would sit by the pool, eat breakfast, and write them out then mail in the lobby. Up until about 3 years ago i would still purchase but haven't sent a card sent. But with apps, texting, social media that killed apps.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I haven't sent a postcard in a couple trips. When I was a kid and now through today I started collecting Disney postcards. I have them in a large photo album, and it is fun to look back on some of the older ones. Sadly, I haven't been able to add many new ones in the last few years.

Rob562

Sometimes I'll send a resort-specific one to a few people when I'm staying on-site.

I also use an app/website called Touchnote. You can upload any pic, add a message and they print and send a very high-quality postcard. I'll do that using pics from the trip.

-Rob

Cmdr_Crimson

hey :)
I was surprised because there are near no postcards from Disneyworld, there are like 5 models which are from 20 years ago, so do you send postcards from Disneyworld?
Maybe is it a french thing to send postcard from our vacations (well even if we dont send not many for Christmas or any holidays) ...

They still sell postcards..You just have to look or ask a CM on where they are located..
PCR1123894SMALL.jpg

From Disneyparksblog

Baldy

I always send postcards, but then again, I'm French Canadian so maybe it IS a French thing. There's just something about getting a "real" letter in the mail that just isn't quite the same.
...however, this past summer I sent 4 from Disney, but only two were received :(

Arthur Wellesley

Is it wrong that I always thought that sending postcards was a way of bragging that you are on vacation and the receiver of the cards is not? Maybe it's just me.
I get how it can come across as bragging. That is why I usually hold on to my postcards for at least 4 - 6 months after my trip...then send them off. Makes for really awkward / confused dinner conversation around the holidays though. :oops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Is it wrong that I always thought that sending postcards was a way of bragging that you are on vacation and the receiver of the cards is not? Maybe it's just me.

I think it depends on how the postcard is worded. Some things come off as bragging but I think for the most part postcards are just a fun way to share with people at home. Just a slower version of Facebook.

AstridJMF

Original Poster
What is a postcard?

Lol. I remember as recent as 5 years ago, i would purchase about 20 post cards,then i would sit by the pool, eat breakfast, and write them out then mail in the lobby. Up until about 3 years ago i would still purchase but haven't sent a card sent. But with apps, texting, social media that killed apps.
yeah!! thats what we were thought to do, but only few old model ones which were sending numerous times to our friends and family :)

AstridJMF

Original Poster
They still sell postcards..You just have to look or ask a CM on where they are located..
PCR1123894SMALL.jpg

From Disneyparksblog
yes but look they are the same :) and from many years ... thats why i was surprised? I asked a CM in GF and even her I had to look for them in "her shop" and she said not many models she was sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom