News Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

spectromagic04

jrhwdw

Show will be 12 minutes

It also said it’s not replacing Movie Magic and Galatic spectacular. Plus it’s gonna use fireworks, lasers and special effects.
I knew this Concept art looked bigger than just a Disney Movie Magic show! Glad they are adding pyro to this!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's always the possibility of two Fantasmic shows, especially once SWL opens.

Also, if F! and the projection show are at the same time, there is a trick to see both if you have a park hopper.

1. On your DHS day, see one of the DHS shows, then head over to Epcot to catch Illuminations.
  2. On your Epcot day, skip Illuminations and head over to DHS to catch the evening show you missed.

jrhwdw

I’m very skeptical of that. Perhaps on a July 4, or NYE, or maybe Galaxy’s Edge is going to move the park to midnight close
Wasn't SW GE Supposed to extend DHS' hours??? I'm kind of expecting more F! when SW GE opens.

DHS' Hours for May doesn't look any longer for the 30th, 9AM-9PM
F! at 9PM, WWOA now at 9:05 all of May, SWAGS at 9:30.

So maybe Steve's right about Movie Magic if DHS wants to keep it.

mm52200

Wasn't SW GE Supposed to extend DHS' hours??? I'm kind of expecting more F! when SW GE opens.

DHS' Hours for May doesn't look any longer for the 30th, 9AM-9PM
F! at 9PM, WWOA now at 9:05 all of May, SWAGS at 9:30.

So maybe Steve's right about Movie Magic if DHS wants to keep it.
Why would it be any longer than normal in May? Nothing new is happening, same old same old, the crazy park hours will come in August with the opening of SWGE

jrhwdw

Why would it be any longer than normal in May? Nothing new is happening, same old same old, the crazy park hours will come in August with the opening of SWGE

True, May is a ways off from SWGE, but it would be nice if DHS went till 10PM. So WWOA & SWAGS could move a half hour later so more people could see it and Movie Magic could stay during F! since WWOA looks better than Movie Magic.

Does DHS have to do everything at once??? SWAGS was at 10PM when TSL opened last year .

JohnD

True, May is a ways off from SWGE, but it would be nice if DHS went till 10PM. So WWOA & SWAGS could move a half hour later so more people could see it and Movie Magic could stay during F! since WWOA looks better than Movie Magic.

Does DHS have to do everything at once??? SWAGS was at 10PM when TSL opened last year .

I agree. Why can’t Animation be at, say, 8:30 (dusk is at 8:26 on May 1 in Orlando). Then Fantasmic at maybe 9:15 then SWAGS at 10:00 or so?

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Looks good but isn't it slightly too many shows now.

Fantasmic should get updated and move to nightly.

Star Wars galactic spectacular I assume will go eventually? I feel it should once Galaxies Edge is open. Then this new show updated and extended to a 25 minute show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom