News Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

GlacierGlacier

When I first saw the concept art, I initially thought Fantasmic! was getting a major (and much needed) update.. 🙁

Sorcerer Mickey was a big giveaway, but then I looked more towards the bottom and saw the Chinese Theater lol..
The concept art was like "IT'S MICKEY EVERYBODY WOW HERE HE IS AMAZING"

and then the teeeny tiny Chinese theater at the bottom like they're ashamed of it.

Kman101

When I first saw the concept art, I initially thought Fantasmic! was getting a major (and much needed) update.. 🙁

Sorcerer Mickey was a big giveaway, but then I looked more towards the bottom and saw the Chinese Theater lol..

Me too. I got excited for a very brief second. But it does seem like this might surprise some and be good, for a projection show. Let's hope!

FullSailDan

I think I would if I hadn't seen the previous version of the SW fireworks, those darn things just spoiled me!

Preach! The current iteration of the show is just... decent. The first generation of it was incredible. I understand the reasons, but it still makes me sad.

Indy_UK

They really need to dump the Star Wars show when Galaxy's Edge opens. It wouldn't make sense to have such an immersive land and then have a movie clip show at night.

Instead of a projection show, this animation show should have been the new fireworks spectacular for DHS.

Totally agree. As much as I love the fireworks, it doesn't make sense to keep it after Galaxies Edge opens

Dr.GrantSeeker

So we get a new projection show but still no update for Fantasmic. It amazes me that they still aren't updating ours.

As depressing as it is, nothing Disney does anymore amazes me. It comes down to not caring and money for the big executive bonus. Once in a while it seems as if they can actually create something amazing and truly something special. But those days are few and far between.

mikejs78

Premium Member
As depressing as it is, nothing Disney does anymore amazes me. It comes down to not caring and money for the big executive bonus. Once in a while it seems as if they can actually create something amazing and truly something special. But those days are few and far between.
Pandora/FoP? I also suspect Galaxy's Edge and the Mickey Ride will be quite impressive. And HEA is impressive, regardless of how one feels about the show.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Pandora/FoP? I also suspect Galaxy's Edge and the Mickey Ride will be quite impressive. And HEA is impressive, regardless of how one feels about the show.

Those are all great additions, don't get me wrong. And I am extremely excited for SWGE. With the exception of HEA, I do not like it at all. Sure tech is cool, but the show is meh.

Its more than these additions though. It's what WDW has become and over the years how things have changed IMO. Disney is obviously capable of creating world class attractions and still do. But I may or may not just be bitter about whats happening to epcot, as it was once my favorite park. The whole corporate synergy thing with shoving IPs everywhere and leaving attractions to rot away and things to become stagnant has bothered me. That's all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom