wonder works and ripleys

brer big bear

Account Suspended
Original Poster
ok! same thing how good are these places is there alot to see and do. i'm new to the area. also how about any good places for mini golf and go karts? thanks :animwink:

Figaro

Pirates Cove is a great mini golf place. There's one right outside Disney and one on International Drive.
Ripleys was a good way to pass an hour or so. There's some interactive things to do. If your staying off the Disney property, it's a good idea for the day you arrive.

woofboy111

Wonder works is cool to. It's not that big, but you could still waste a few hours in there. Gueniss Book of world recods world is cool to. It's much like wonderworks.

Almost all of the golf courses are cool. The fantasia golf in disney is the best, and then the pirates cove on I drive has to be the second best.

Seano846

I agree about Ripley's It is more fun than you think it will be, Especially thr Tunnel at the end. ALSO, go to the Mercado and for dinner Charley's Steakhouse, it was Excellent

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I like Ripley's.... I used to work there when it first opened, just for the extra income..

Dawn S

I have Wonder Works on my "must-see" list everytime we go to Orlando. I love this place. It's a good way to spend a free evening & it's a LOT of fun! I think my favorite part of WW is the simulators (hurricane, earthquake, etc.).

I have yet to go to Ripley's, but I've heard that it's really cool. I would also recommend the Titanic exhibit!! REALLY nice for fans of history, or people who were intrigued by the movie.

WDWspider

Originally posted by disney_nutter
i love the titanic i got into a fight with the worker because i said that his facts were wrong about the constrution of the titanic.

Titanic is good. Also liked eating at Damon's, which is very close by. I am going to Wonder Works this year in November for the firs time. The F A O Schwartz Toy Store next door is defintely worth visiting, even if you don't buy anything.

Nova16

Good place for Go-Karts is Fun Spot. I believe 4 tracks. Also a 2 level arcade.

Go to Congo Golf or something like that. It's the one with the KAtanga SkyScraper...rated the best in Orlando. I played there and I must say both courses were excellent. And spend the extra money for Katanga, it's WELL worth it.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Nova16
Good place for Go-Karts is Fun Spot. I believe 4 tracks. Also a 2 level arcade.

Go to Congo Golf or something like that. It's the one with the KAtanga SkyScraper...rated the best in Orlando. I played there and I must say both courses were excellent. And spend the extra money for Katanga, it's WELL worth it.

That is a great ride...but it's not worth the money that congo river charges for it. There's a place down by miami (long trip) called boomers that has one, and it's included in a ride all day pass for 19.99, and you get lots of go cart tracks, golf, a few other carnival rides, and a great wooden roller coaster. It's a much better deal.

The pirates cove in the crossings (across from downtown disney) has to be the best golf around. It the best themed golf in the orlando area...

rocketman23

Originally posted by woofboy111
That is a great ride...but it's not worth the money that congo river charges for it. There's a place down by miami (long trip) called boomers that has one, and it's included in a ride all day pass for 19.99, and you get lots of go cart tracks, golf, a few other carnival rides, and a great wooden roller coaster. It's a much better deal.

Yes, Boomers is a great park for carts, put-put, and the coaster. One of their go-kart tracks is a mile or more long, an excellent track.

Back to here, Fun Spot and Magical Midway are the two major places for go-karts with Fin Spot being the better half. I have heard word that Fun Spot may get a small coaster(perhaps a used shuttle loop) to fit in the park. As for Ripley's I feel the one here is sub-par compared to the St. Augustine one. Wonder Works is fun, can't say much bad for that. And I do recommend Old Town for rides, even though it's not on I-Drive. Some fun flats, a fun steel twister, huge slingshot, and a huge skycoaster. And finally for games, the new XS that opened at Pointe Orlando I hear is great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom