Woman arrested for selling bogus theme park tickets

JikoMarie

Original Poster
From Mouse Planet: http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd070319mg

<H4>Woman arrested for selling bogus theme park tickets
Last Wednesday, detectives from the Osceola County Sheriff's Office Tourist Policing Unit arrested a 37-year-old woman for selling used multi-day theme park tickets following an investigation in conjunction with Universal Studios and Walt Disney World. Karrie Geith had used chemicals to remove the original names of the buyers and replaced them to make the tickets look new. She then sold them as new park tickets at a booth at 7620 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (U.S. 192), just west of the World Drive entrance to Walt Disney World. She was arrested on misdemeanor charges of resale of multi-day tickets and fraudulent possession of admission tickets. The ticket booth, owned by Orlando Entertainment, is in rented space within a supermarket, and is not affiliated with the supermarket.
This just reinforces the warnings that we've sounded here before: If you're looking for a discount on park tickets, go through the licensed ticket brokers, of which there are several. MouseSavers.com has links to multiple brokers who have pretty good prices. If you want to be absolutely sure, but directly from Disney.
</H4>

dolbyman

erm .. this woman was smart enough to use chemicals to remove the names on the tickets .. but so dumb to sell the tickets renting a booth on her own name and not think about the consequenses ?

what happened to the good old P.O. box virgin island internet scams ? those were at least harder to trace :lol:

Is it really cheaper?

I have always bought my tickets form Disney and they were mailed to my home before my trip. I have always chose this method b\c it would be a real bummer to have a ticket mishap after travelling so far. I have never found that there is enough of a savings to take the risk of them being bogus. Anybody ever saved more than 10-15 bucks going this route?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have always bought my tickets form Disney and they were mailed to my home before my trip. I have always chose this method b\c it would be a real bummer to have a ticket mishap after travelling so far. I have never found that there is enough of a savings to take the risk of them being bogus. Anybody ever saved more than 10-15 bucks going this route?
Someone was mentioning they were buying 5-day hoppers from a discounter. The total savings was just under $20/ticket.

I've never seen the point. It means you can't take advantage of many of the package offers that come along [thinking of free dining, etc...] and you run the risk that if anything goes wrong, Disney won't be able/willing to correct it.

EchoOfOphelia

Its just not worth it to try those scams, what are you going to do, claim ignorance that you had no idea the tickets were illegal? C'mon... I am the first to say that Disney tickets are expensive, but it certainly doesn't keep me from coming back :)

PintoColvig

Back in Dec., we saved over $100 for our family of four by buying our park hoppers from Undercover Tourist. That's equal to a coupld of sit down meals for us. Definitely worth the trouble of picking them up.

Undercover Tourist, by the way, is a reputable dealer and not one of these "fly by night" operations.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Some people work harder at not working for their money then it takes to earn it legaly.:brick: :hammer:

applause.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom