WOL gone forever?

KDM31091

Original Poster
I heard that as of January, WOL has been closed FOREVER. Is this true, and if so, are there future plans for the space, or will it become on of those "oh, it closed 10 years ago but it's just sitting there" kinda things?

TheDisneyMagic

To be honest none of us know for sure, there have been so many rumors, some have said that many parts of WOL has allready been gutted such as Body Wars and shipped off to other Disney Parks around the world, others say it will be open again next holiday break.

To be honest I do not know what to believe, I would like to see the pavillion reopen with certain parts of it modified, upgraded and made to fit future world a bit more, but classics like Cranium Command I would like to stay the way we know them.

PencilTest

Valawen9 said:
I vaguely remember that...what was it again?
Cranium Command was a show where you witnessed what goes on in someone's brain from the perspective of a pilot "operating" that particular person (if that makes sense). The show area can be seen here (it's the top picture):

http://www.kirkdesigninc.com/w3_frameset_03.html?Page=w3_page03g.html

The room is shaped as if you were looking out someone's eyes from inside their brain.You are introduced to an inexperienced pilot (whose name I can't remember) at the beginning of the show. This is him:

http://www.wdw-photos.com/rides/cc.jpg

His job is to control a young boy through a typical day, the events of which you see on the "eye" screens. Various other characters pop up on the other screens here and there, all of which represent some aspect of being a person--i.e. Hunger, Logic, Emotion, Lungs, and Heart--and they all wrestle for control at different parts of the show. A couple of scenes included a lunchroom food fight and meeting a girl (ooooh!). It was actually pretty funny, and with guest stars like Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon (performing bodybuilders Hans and Frans as the Heart) and Jon Lovitz (portraying Emotion).

Man, now I wanna see it again. Oh well.

PencilTest

Aha! Buzzy!

Y'know, I was thinking along the lines of "Bucky" earlier, but that's Captain America's sidekick. Figured it probably wasn't the same guy.

TomorrowlandTyler

KDM31091 said:
will it become on of those "oh, it closed 10 years ago but it's just sitting there" kinda things?
Thats kind of what its been for the past couple of years already, except for its minimal sparatic "operation", JUST SITTING THERE, waiting to know its fate.:(

TheDisneyMagic

Thats right, it has been opening up at some of the most busy times of the year such as Christmas but there are a number of things removed from the pavillion during these opening hours such as the Bikes you could ride on and sections closed such as the base ball area.

Figment1986

Maybe the Horizons Sinkhole was between the 2 rides? and it's grown to mess up the pavilion's foundation....:lookaroun :lookaroun

Soarinluvr

just to let u guys know nothing in WOL has been removed. Everything is just sitting like its ready to open. Take it from me Im in security and walk through it every night. The rumors about Body Wars being gutted also false so there maybe hope for the pavillion. Maybe it will open again when we get really busy.

Enderikari

Listen... about WOL, it won't be long now before there's an announcement, promise... So just be patient, and you will know all the exciting things that are happening to that Pavilion.

WOL needs a makeover. I loved Cranium Comnmand, (Body Wars gave me motion sickness) but last time I was there in Oct. of '02 some of the exhibits in the middle didn't work and it felt kind of bare, like stuff was missing. I don't hope a sinkhole gets it, but it does need some work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom