Woke mob now coming after Trader Joe's

5thGenTexan

I think it’s a good idea for businesses to listen to their customers, especially the ones who complain. How many times has someone in customer service been told to view every complaint as a gift. Helps them stay in business. I think Trader Joe’s was trying to be responsible but didn’t properly gauge their customer base.

Rather than a rude response about the door hitting the customer on the way out, the owner could have taken the opportunity to explain the price difference in terms of convenience, better customer service, etc.

"Dont let the door hit you" wasnt said. You shouldnt take everything on the internet so literal. But that customer was told what our price was and to leave. Her attitude didnt help her argument. Sometimes bowing down to every complaint isnt in the best interest of the business.

21stamps

Advertisement
Sometimes the customer is always right, sometimes the customer is a moron. Its good business to be able to tell the difference and act accordingly. :)

It’s really amazing that so many people think “the customer is always right” is really something that businesses hold true, they don’t. Not even Selfridge himself meant it in the way that so many people have turned it into, in their own minds.

Wendy Pleakley

Trader Joe's may come across as a bit wishy washy with their indecisiveness, but for me what's important is that they're open to change if warranted. I'll take that over the "political correctness is always terrible and nothing should ever change" crowd any day.

Regardless, it's Trader Joe's. Let's be honest, they could start running puppy fighting rings in their parking lots and I'd still shop there.

Willmark

"Dont let the door hit you" wasnt said. You shouldnt take everything on the internet so literal. But that customer was told what our price was and to leave. Her attitude didnt help her argument. Sometimes bowing down to every complaint isnt in the best interest of the business.
“The customer isn’t always right, especially the one who isn’t spending money.”

Lensman

Premium Member
Hopeful child 50-60 years ago: “I bet in 2020 we’ll all have flying cars and take weekend vacation trips to the Moon!”

Reality of 2020: discussions over whether or not food packaging is offensive.
It's a feature, not a bug!

Screamface

I doubt it like I don't see protests on renaming the White House.

I would not be surprised if people haven't already claimed that. People claim milk is White Supremacist based on its color and just googling to check that I see something about people complaining about a "Smarter White" a low fat, full cream milk brand in Australia is getting complaints about for being racist.

ImperfectPixie

We may be rolling our eyes at different things. I can well believe that bigoted idiots have misused milk to make a racist point (just as some of them have subverted the OK sign), but that’s a very different matter from the claim that milk itself has been branded racist. My eye roll goes to the latter claim.
Same. Racists will be racists no matter what we do, but I'm just so over people crying racism over every little thing especially when there is ZERO evidence of racism.

LittleBuford

Same. Racists will be racists no matter what we do, but I'm just so over people crying racism over every little thing especially when there is ZERO evidence of racism.

We’re saying slightly different things, though. You seem to be accepting the claim that there are those who’ve called milk itself racist, but the piece shared above offers no evidence to support this claim.

ImperfectPixie

We’re saying slightly different things, though. You seem to be accepting the claim that there are those who’ve called milk itself racist, but the piece shared above offers no evidence to support this claim.
Sorry...I was elaborating and did a poor job at wording it. We're on the same page...my last phrase was "in addition to".

Top Bottom