WL Bus System Question

bevoy

Original Poster
We have an upcoming 6 night stay at WL in early Jan-08. In reading the Unofficial Guide, the commute times by bus for the WL seem long relative to other hotels. The Unofficial Guide also says WL has a "somewhat convoluted bus service" but doesn't go into details. We saw the quick boat ride to MK as a huge benefit to the WL but the busses are scaring me. I've used the busses extensively in prior visits to Pop and AK, so I'm aware of the issues but not WL specifically.

Can someone provide details on why the busses at WL are convoluted? Do their busses service other resorts as well? How many stops can I expect before getting to the parks?

Figment82

That statement probably references the fact that WL and FW share a bus route - so sometimes you end up going to FW for a bit which can take some time. I stayed there this summer and thought nothing of it, it wasn't a big deal at all. But some people are way too impatient at the slightest delay.

Patsc85

I don't know the specifics of the WL routes. But I know some routes WL shares with at least one other Resort. Usually one of the Monorail Resorts, i.e. Contemporary.

bevoy

Original Poster
I agree that people are often too impatient and lose sight of the bigger picture. I'm ok with stops and waiting for the next bus but staying to park closing, which we usually do, can sometimes be tough with the busses.

Here's one scenario that scares me the most. We get out of the park at closing, wait in relaatively long line to get on bus, up pulls one or more ECVs, ECVs are loaded along with 7-10 other members traveling in their group, my wife and kids have to stand on bus, bus makes stops at other hotels dropping off ECVs along the way, bus finally pulls up to WL after ride from *$#@.

I've stayed at Pop before and although the ECVs can be annoying, they are direct busses that avoid part of the issue. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people using ECVs that NEED them but I see too many people using them that clearly use it as a convenience only to inconvenience others.

coltow

We stayed at WL on our last trip. We found the bus to MK quicker than the boat. We never once had to share a bus with any resort. I think that probably depends on the season if they get their own bus.

the-reason14

I agree that people are often too impatient and lose sight of the bigger picture. I'm ok with stops and waiting for the next bus but staying to park closing, which we usually do, can sometimes be tough with the busses.

Here's one scenario that scares me the most. We get out of the park at closing, wait in relaatively long line to get on bus, up pulls one or more ECVs, ECVs are loaded along with 7-10 other members traveling in their group, my wife and kids have to stand on bus, bus makes stops at other hotels dropping off ECVs along the way, bus finally pulls up to WL after ride from *$#@.

I've stayed at Pop before and although the ECVs can be annoying, they are direct busses that avoid part of the issue. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people using ECVs that NEED them but I see too many people using them that clearly use it as a convenience only to inconvenience others.

Usually when me and my dad stay at Pop, if we see that we will have to stand on a bus back after standing in line, we'll just wait at the front of the line and let people behind us get on if they wish to stand, and just wait for the next bus.

We stayed at WL on our last trip. We found the bus to MK quicker than the boat. We never once had to share a bus with any resort. I think that probably depends on the season if they get their own bus.

That's absolutely true. If you're going to MK, use the boat launch for sure. I haven't had any real issues with the busses from WL for any other parks. They've pretty much been right on time, with little delay.

Mystic

My mom and I always stay at the WL when we hit the World and you'll find that even though WL may share a bus with another resort, be it FW or Poly or GF it is always the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off, at least it is whenever we've gone. We've never really had an issue when it comes to traveling around on the buses. If you want a no hassel way of getting back from MK at park closing I suggest taking the MK launch back to the WL.

bevoy

Original Poster
I appreciate the posts from everyone. It sounds like the busses shouldn't be a concern. We've never stayed at WL and are looking forward to it.

Figment82

I appreciate the posts from everyone. It sounds like the busses shouldn't be a concern. We've never stayed at WL and are looking forward to it.

You'll love it - it's an absolutely gorgeous resort with great dining and amenities. Don't worry about the buses - they aren't a problem at all and the boat to MK is a great alternative when you want a different way to get to and from the park.

tigsmom

We have stayed at the WL about 10 times and have never had a problem with the bus system. Yes, you do have to share with FW, but thats not a problem for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom