Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expansion?

GLaDOS

Original Poster
After reading some other sites from some of their respected members, it sounds like Potter Phase II is basically a guarantee of when not if.

Thoughts?

GLaDOS

Original Poster
Just realized the first post is fairly vague. I was on laughingplace.com, and Lee hisownself and Spirit of 74 both basically said the Lost Continent's days are numbered.

Lee: "Just heard a couple days ago....
Forbidden Journey came in at just UNDER $90mil.
Between $220-$240mil did the whole thing.

And...in just around three months of operation...it's paid for itself. Phase two is on the way."

And disneyhead on __________________________.com backed him up, saying he heard the same stuff from the same source.

daikonjam

They might as well, the lost continent is boring, IMHO. We always walk right through it and only stop there if we want to eat at Mythos (which is highly overrated, i think). WWoHP is too small as it is, they need to expand it. More money for them, more fun and space for us HP fans. Win/win:D

StageFrenzy

Its been a while since i have been in Poseidon's revenge but i think they could lay some potter over it and make it work better.

Second thought, actually I don't care, I just want them to keep the water tunnel.

20009551sc

We just came back from Harry Potter World. While I loave the details of the area it's the size that drives me. All the shops are to small for the amount of people in the little area. They need Disney size space to accomadate the hoards of Potter people. The Lost Continent area would allow for Potter to spead its wings more. My daughter would be very happy to see more Potter stuff.

RozFan

i recently filled out a email survey from universal asking what i would like to see if they expanded wwohp. my top answers were the ministry of magic, gringotts, and diagon alley.

for 250M universal got a lot of bang for their buck.

Lucky

i recently filled out a email survey from universal asking what i would like to see if they expanded wwohp. my top answers were the ministry of magic, gringotts, and diagon alley.

for 250M universal got a lot of bang for their buck.
A Diagon Alley with a Gringott's Bank ride would be terrific. The ride could take you underground on a coaster to raid a Death Eater's vault, avoiding dragons, goblins etc.

Hogsmeade at IoA currently has some shops that were really part of Diagon Alley, like Ollivander's. They could move those to Diagon Alley if they ever build it.

Pete C

We just came back from Harry Potter World. While I loave the details of the area it's the size that drives me. All the shops are to small for the amount of people in the little area. They need Disney size space to accomadate the hoards of Potter people. The Lost Continent area would allow for Potter to spead its wings more. My daughter would be very happy to see more Potter stuff.

It had nothing to do with lack of space...it had to do with making it exactly how J.K. Rowling wanted it, and for her it had to be true to her books and her vision. I believe part of the reason she went with Universal is that they allowed her to have more control over how things were built. Disney sized space" is exactly one of the reasons why Disney didn't win the contract. They would never build something like that.

Pete C

This is Universal's opportunity to have a world-class show at Islands of Adventure. Ditch Sinbad and have a live-action Harry Potter show. Each year they could update it with another chapter of the story...there are a lot of possibilities there.

SleepingMonk

This is Universal's opportunity to have a world-class show at Islands of Adventure. Ditch Sinbad and have a live-action Harry Potter show. Each year they could update it with another chapter of the story...there are a lot of possibilities there.

Waste of space.

Potter is a cash cow, they should use all available space to build more shops, more dining and a ride or two to support it all.

cheezbat

I'm looking forward to the Potter expansion, but I want to see some love around the rest of the park too. While rides like Spiderman, Hulk and Dudley Do Right get huge wait times, the rest of the rides never really seem to grow to outrageous waits. There needs to be more to spread out the people in the park, to increase capacity and reduce wait times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom