Wizarding World: A BIG Letdown!

dave&di

The Forbidden Journey made me feel a lil dizzy after riding

Tbh I would have thought it would use more advanced technology for being a Universal ride.

I thought this was advanced technology! :shrug:

TowerTim, love the picture, I didn't realise the seats were that far off the ground! For me thats a big deal! :eek: Love FJ.

CaptainShortty

It's not a roller coaster. It's somewhat hard to explain because it's the only ride like it in the world. You're basically sitting on a 4 across bench with a shoulder harness and your legs hang free. Your bench is attached to a robotic arm, which is attached to a track, and you are moving along the track at a constant speed. The ride track itself stays completely flat, but you on the arm will move up down and turn in tilt in every direction, but you will not go upside-down.

The ride travels through different show scenes, such as the forbidden forest, the chamber of secrets and such, but it also places you in front of large domes that include a film to simulate flights over Hogwarts and Quidditch. The ride vehicle is synced to the movement of the film and real sets. The ride let's you see a dragon, dementors, spiders and a full size whomping willow. It's a very interesting ride, and a breakthrough in ride technology.

Here's an awesome picture of one of the arms on the ride. This was taken with the lights on, and the arms moved and faced themselves forward during this downtime. The arm is usually not this "rigid" looking, but you still get an idea of what you're sitting in. They're huge! There's 46 of them along the track at one time.

Thanks for the explanation!! And the picture! I really appreciate it. =)

WildcatDen

We were there a little over a month ago. Took a day out of our Disney plans (staying at CBR) and made it over to IOA. Hit Potter first thing. AMAZING! Now, keep in mind, we are fans of both the books and the movies, but the theming of the area more than lived up to expecations. FJ was quite simply the best ride I have ever ridden. From the queue line through Hogwarts to the ride itself was fantastic. Worth the money if that was all we did. . . yeah, I think so. I was disapponted in the whole Olivander's thing. Long wait for nothing. Later found out we could just enter the store through the back for the girls to get their wands. Only complaint I have on WWoHP.

We then hit Jurassic Park and Marvel Super Hero Island. Fun rides if nothing else. Looped through Suess and then hit WWoHP in the evening for one last go around. Well worth the money for all we were able to do. I mean, we were on vacation after-all.

captainkidd

Crockett, I felt the same way after seeing WWOHP, actually. I didn't have super high expectations, seeing as it was Universal, but it was still very underwhelming.

Yeah, because they do everything so poorly. Have you ever been on Revenge of the Mummy or Spider-Man? Talk about phoning it in.:rolleyes:

Rowdy

Yeah, because they do everything so poorly. Have you ever been on Revenge of the Mummy or Spider-Man? Talk about phoning it in.:rolleyes:

Someone's bored. That or they're lacking meaning substance in their life. Your need to defend Universal so heavily when anything at all is said about it, is very humorous.

Revenge of the Mummy, Spider-man? Awesome rides. But how is that compared to a whole themed land that Universal has never really attempted on such a huge scale? So, yes. I didn't not have high expectations for Universal. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

That ignore list is sounding better and better.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Someone's bored. That or they're lacking meaning substance in their life. Your need to defend Universal so heavily when anything at all is said about it, is very humorous.

Revenge of the Mummy, Spider-man? Awesome rides. But how is that compared to a whole themed land that Universal has never really attempted on such a huge scale? So, yes. I didn't not have high expectations for Universal. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

That ignore list is sounding better and better.

Everyone who has something say to you is always bored or lacks much of a life, huh? :rolleyes:

Your original post blatantly said you had low expectations, considering it was Universal. By that, it's assumed you're going off on Uni as a whole - as if they've never done a well-themed attraction or land in their lifetime, which is most certainly incorrect.

Try better next time.

Rowdy

Everyone who has something say to you is always bored or lacks much of a life, huh? :rolleyes:

I've said that before...? I'd love proof. Should be easy for you.

Your original post blatantly said you had low expectations, considering it was Universal. By that, it's assumed you're going off on Uni as a whole - as if they've never done a well-themed attraction or land in their lifetime, which is most certainly incorrect.

And I quote:
But how is that compared to a whole themed land that Universal has never really attempted on such a huge scale? So, yes. I didn't not have high expectations for Universal.

By the way, assuming I meant something is never a valid argument point. Just throwing that out there. Arguing on assumptions is incredibly silly. :rolleyes:

Try better next time.

I suggest the same to you.

Wizarding World is Universal's first themed land? That's news to me. And everyone else.

News to me too. Where'd you get that info? Certainly not from my post.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Up until 2011 my signature under my posts represents my holdings for both Disney World and Universal Annual Passes. I have nothing against Universal. Apparently you're not allowed to have an opinion in the Universal section of this forum, people are to sensitive and can't handle it.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Spoken like someone who has never been nor even made an independent thought about the place...

To say they've never attempted or done a themed land at scale is just ignorance of what the park has.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I've said that before...? I'd love proof. Should be easy for you.

It was quite easy, sir:
You thought you had an argument, I guess because you're bored for whatever reason,

As for your second "point," I was referring to your original post, not the one in reply to captainkidd. If you'd specifically noted that you didn't have high expectations because of Universal's previously built lands, then perhaps he wouldn't have used rides as examples.

JT3000

News to me too. Where'd you get that info? Certainly not from my post..

Oh? So you aren't the one who said, paraphrased, "Universal has never attempted a whole themed land on such a huge scale?" I could have sworn that was you. Maybe I need glasses.

Wizarding World isn't unusually large, so I have no idea what "huge scale" you're referring to. It's obvious that you just wanted to knock all of Universal's previous work, which is par for the course.

Rowdy

It was quite easy, sir:

As for your second "point," I was referring to your original post, not the one in reply to captainkidd. If you'd specifically noted that you didn't have high expectations because of Universal's previously built lands, then perhaps he wouldn't have used rides as examples.

I was leaning more towards the latter, but I'll give you that, as you did mentioned the bored part. I do realize that response was to you in another thread, though. I guess I stand by my initial statement.

Still, you assumed. Also, I used rides because Captainkidd did. Easy enough.

Oh? So you aren't the one who said, paraphrased, "Universal has never attempted a whole themed land on such a huge scale?" I could have sworn that was you. Maybe I need glasses.

Wizarding World isn't unusually large, so I have no idea what "huge scale" you're referring to. It's obvious that you just wanted to knock all of Universal's previous work, which is par for the course.

Huge scale was for lack of a better term. I mean as far as so much detail, which is noted by a movie. I never said they couldn't do it. It's a hard task for anyone. You think anything else in IoA is on the same level as far as themeing compared to WWoHP? In my opinion, I don't. Hints where my views come from.

Spoken like someone who has never been nor even made an independent thought about the place...

To say they've never attempted or done a themed land at scale is just ignorance of what the park has.

You're right, I've never been. Great post!

I'd really rather not reply to you, but why not.
You think IoA has done anything else on the level of WWoHP? Once again, I, in my views, don't think that Universal has.

JT3000

Huge scale was for lack of a better term. I mean as far as so much detail, which is noted by a movie. I never said they couldn't do it. It's a hard task for anyone. You think anything else in IoA is on the same level as far as themeing compared to WWoHP? In my opinion, I don't. Hints where my views come from.

There's nothing else in IOA, or any other park in America, quite as detailed as WWoHP. That doesn't mean the rest of the parks aren't highly detailed.

captainkidd

You think IoA has done anything else on the level of WWoHP? Once again, I, in my views, don't think that Universal has.

So if you think WWOHP is a let down, one can only assume you're let down by Universal as a whole. Therefore, you must think the theming of Jurassic Park, Marvel Island, and Seuss Landing is a let down, which to most people is insane. Of course, I'm sure you'll come back claiming to have never said this. That's what makes your posting style so odd. You contradict yourself in almost every post you make.

Rowdy

There's nothing else in IOA, or any other park in America, quite as detailed as WWoHP.

Exactly my point.

So if you think WWOHP is a let down, one can only assume you're let down by Universal as a whole. Therefore, you must think the theming of Jurassic Park, Marvel Island, and Seuss Landing is a let down, which to most people is insane. Of course, I'm sure you'll come back claiming to have never said this. That's what makes your posting style so odd. You contradict yourself in almost every post you make.

"Let down" are Crockett's words. I said underwhelming. Don't confuse yourself.

How am I contradicting myself, when you're putting words in my mouth and assuming things about my post? :shrug:

kal1484

I must be in the minority that felt barely any movement on the ride. I thought it was really really tame. I rode once with my eyes open, then closed the second as I'm not a fan of the in your face stuff. However neither time did I feel dizzy or even feel like I was moving THAT much. I have more of a hard time with Mummy than I did FJ.

The only complaint I would have is that they didn't make it big enough. I don't think they were expecting it to be as big of a hit as it was. You are packed in like sardines.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'd really rather not reply to you, but why not.

Lost Continient was.. Poseidon.. Suess Landing.. original dueling dragons.. jurrasic park.. just to name a few areas/attractions.

Again - the comment was in regards to theme.. and these things swell with it.

captainkidd

"Let down" are Crockett's words. I said underwhelming. Don't confuse yourself.

How am I contradicting myself, when you're putting words in my mouth and assuming things about my post? :shrug:

Why is it ever time someone catches something you say that doesn't quite jive with something you said earlier, they're "putting words in your mouth"? Is it possible we're all crazy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom