With all the recent changes, have they impacted you wanting to go to Disney any time soon?

SteveBrickNJ

This article relates to this thread in the sense that it states that even though Disney continually makes things worse for the customer....they keep coming.
(Not me though...it's been a few years for me)

Tom 55

I did 2 trips to Disney World in 2019 on my AP. I planned to skip 2020 visit and wait for 2021 when all the new construction would be finished. Then Covid hits. In early 2021 I started making plans for September on 2021. I made promises to extended family members to join me my treat. So when Covid went on and on into 2021 I could not cancel and disappoint grand kids. So we went in September 2021. They had a great time. Not having been there before or recently they did not know all the things that they were missing but I did. Wife wanted to buy AP at that time. I said not till Disney comes back to what is was pre Covid. It looks like that is never going to happen. If we ever go again, Disney as it is now is not worth the money. We would rent car and stay off site. Not being stuck in Disney bubble we would visit other attractions in the area. Universal , Sea World and other places. Spend less money with Disney. My first trip to Disney World was 1979 for my honeymoon. Been there close to 40 times over the years. Watched all the things that have changed over the years. Witnessed the decline of Disney.

John park hopper

I did 2 trips to Disney World in 2019 on my AP. I planned to skip 2020 visit and wait for 2021 when all the new construction would be finished. Then Covid hits. In early 2021 I started making plans for September on 2021. I made promises to extended family members to join me my treat. So when Covid went on and on into 2021 I could not cancel and disappoint grand kids. So we went in September 2021. They had a great time. Not having been there before or recently they did not know all the things that they were missing but I did. Wife wanted to buy AP at that time. I said not till Disney comes back to what is was pre Covid. It looks like that is never going to happen. If we ever go again, Disney as it is now is not worth the money. We would rent car and stay off site. Not being stuck in Disney bubble we would visit other attractions in the area. Universal , Sea World and other places. Spend less money with Disney. My first trip to Disney World was 1979 for my honeymoon. Been there close to 40 times over the years. Watched all the things that have changed over the years. Witnessed the decline of Disney.
Spent our honeymoon at WDW in 1977 many visits over the years. I am not crazy after all I'm not the only one who has seen WDW decline ----------------then on the other hand maybe we both are crazy Ha Ha

Greg in TN

You are not grumpy......You do get a lot less today.

It's sad how the current management is really only focused on the shareholders. This I think will really turn around to haunt them. 350 million unhappy haunts.
I understand exactly what you're saying, but I don't think it's just that they're focused on share-holders. They're focused very short-term. They're looking for what can be done NOW, to make share-holders happy NOW. But what makes the "bottom-line" look good NOW, may not do the same over the long-term. I guess we'll see.

NickMaio

I understand exactly what you're saying, but I don't think it's just that they're focused on share-holders. They're focused very short-term. They're looking for what can be done NOW, to make share-holders happy NOW. But what makes the "bottom-line" look good NOW, may not do the same over the long-term. I guess we'll see.
Yup........more money makes the share holders and the Bob's happy.
Did you see their bonuses..........INSANE.

John park hopper

See what all those price increases can get you and keeping your thumb on CM's salaries
Bob's really slumping it with his new mansion
Unknown-1.jpeg

Raineman

I have never felt more apathetic about WDW as I do right now. Part of that could be the mess of a world we live in right now and the COVID restrictions we are still dealing with where I live, but I just don't have that desire to go to WDW right now. I'm sure we will still go at some point in the next year, as we haven't been since 2019, but I don't think it's gonna feel the same.

Lora Baines Bradley

I let my Disney AP expire and went for a Uni pass instead. I’ll always have a soft spot for the parks (and i’m actually visiting soon for my birthday), but Uni seems to fill the theme park void quite well for me as an Orlando local.

The price increases and quality cuts combined with horrible CM treatment really sealed that coffin for me.

eliza61nyc

Spent our honeymoon at WDW in 1977 many visits over the years. I am not crazy after all I'm not the only one who has seen WDW decline ----------------then on the other hand maybe we both are crazy Ha Ha
But that's the problem with the "good old days" arguments. Now you are comparing it to 1977 and that's fine. My 32 year old senior chemist went for the first time 2019 and loved it. How woukd she know it wasn't like it was in 1980, or even 1990 shes Planning on buying into dvc. I've said it before, I looked at all of Martin's videos and they look old boring and nothing spectacular. Why?? Because I wasn't there. It's not that your crazy it's just those arguments hold zero water. I hear all the time how stupendous Mr toads ride was, okay glad folks think so. Why would that effect someone going now?
Now the vast majority of folks here are old timers so it's a different experience.
People here complain about genie plus but I know plenty of young parents who have told me straight up they would pay any amount of money not to have to wait in line. Different priorities, different experiences

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

But that's the problem with the "good old days" arguments. Now you are comparing it to 1977 and that's fine. My 32 year old senior chemist went for the first time 2019 and loved it. How woukd she know it wasn't like it was in 1980, or even 1990 shes Planning on buying into dvc. I've said it before, I looked at all of Martin's videos and they look old boring and nothing spectacular. Why?? Because I wasn't there. It's not that your crazy it's just those arguments hold zero water. I hear all the time how stupendous Mr toads ride was, okay glad folks think so. Why would that effect someone going now?
Now the vast majority of folks here are old timers so it's a different experience.
People here complain about genie plus but I know plenty of young parents who have told me straight up they would pay any amount of money not to have to wait in line. Different priorities, different experiences
This is why the DisneyParks are invincible. For all the folks who see the decline and miss the good ol’ days, there are MANY more who have never gone yet, or have just recently discovered them, so there‘s nothing to compare to.

I remember when the food samples at F&W was priced as low as $1.75… that was a long time ago…

Jrb1979

This is why the DisneyParks are invincible. For all the folks who see the decline and miss the good ol’ days, there are MANY more who have never gone yet, or have just recently discovered them, so there‘s nothing to compare to.

I remember when the food samples at F&W was priced as low as $1.75… that was a long time ago…
They are invincible due to being a rite of passage for most people. I don't think they will ever go under but I do think the days of repeat visitors will drop.

MickeyLuv'r

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, but I wish you would give mobile ordering another try. The only thing I hate worse than learning new technology is standing in line, so I tried mobile ordering as soon as it was introduced and it's worked so well for us! Also, the system has greatly reduced the number of people tying up tables while a family member is standing in line waiting to order.
I'm not sure if this is the case now, but at one point, they were not letting people enter some QS if they didn't show a green 'ready' food order on their phone.

In one sense, I'm glad they have mobile order right now.

On the other, mobile order is still pain if paying with a gift card.

A plus of mobile order is that - in some cases - it is possible to customize an order. In other cases - esp at WDW - it isn't. Like at Pecos Bill, you get sour cream, with no way to opt out. We just throw it away. The WDW hotels no longer provide shampoo bottles, but then they can't be bothered to let people say no to sour cream.

A related mobile order pet peeve of mine is that many orders come with a large wad of napkins and plasticware that I don't need. If one is staying at a DVC/suite hotel, and bringing food back to the room, one doesn't need plasticware.

Every restaurant that has mobile ordering (including non WDW) ought to have a way to say NO to napkins, plasticware, and condiment packets. Makes no sense, when we get to choose pickles or no pickles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom