Wishes

rreading

Original Poster
I hear chatter on this board about folks grousing that Wishes is a little long in the tooth and needs to be replaced. And then I look at DL and their replacement for RDCT which is now being replaced. We were there this past weekend, and I truly feel that Wishes is a true classic; that it perfectly encapsulates what we feel about Disney and the Magic Kingdom. Illuminations: ROE is great, but I feel that it is an expression of Epcot - not it is not essentially of Epcot. Whereas Wishes to me represents the essence of the MK.

I hate losing the MSEP the same way I would hate to lose the HM or POTC - to me, it was classic piece of the MK. But to me, Wishes is as iconic as the castle.

And by the way, I thought things at MK looked really good (though absurdly crowded) this weekend. I keep hoping that now that the financial sinkholes that were FP+ and then Shanghai DL are improved, we will see a renaissance of excellent improvements to WDW. Just don't torch my fireworks show!

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey, Be grateful for what we got....They could go so low to the ground on cost-cutting Wishes would end up looking like this...
giphy.gif

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm sorry but im not understanding why wishes is so iconic. Before wishes their used to be Fantasy in the sky (First firework show at magic kingdom, personally to me it lacks the real excitment wishes has), and while i love wishes, it is time to at least update it (replace scenes) or get a new show.
I don't understand that about any part of any park at all, including shows and attractions. Just because something is considered "iconic" shouldn't mean that it can't be replaced at some point.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wishes is fine, I love watching it. I also liked Fantasy in the Sky. I would not be opposed to a new fireworks show. At one point DL was rotating Remember with another one (Magical or something like that). It would be kind of cool if WDW did something like that too.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

As long as the next show is hosted by jimmy cricket and has a traditional When you wish Upon a star finally. Also the next light parade has to be hosted by Jimmy cricket, my rule no going around it. I would like to see the entire 90's soundtrack worked into a 12 minute firework show.

Gelatoni

I honestly don't care what they call/theme the fireworks show as long as it's entertaining. I'd like to see it updated a bit.

maroonmol

I love Wishes a lot, and I've never not cried at it. However, I think maybe adding some more updated music could help? Or maybe use some of the effects on the castle that Disney Dreams in DLP has?

I bet the girl that sang that is married and has kids by now lol

The little girl singing was a Make a Wish child who passed shortly before the show debuted. Her parents were invited to watch the premier. This I heard when I used to pick up shifts working Wishes from a long time leader who was there on opening night.

Well that was a downer >.>

I like to think it is actually uplifting. The whole show is about Wishes coming true. The little girl's wish was to be in a Disney show. Disney made her wish come true as part of Wishes. Now her wish kind of makes her live forever since no one who loves Wishes will ever forget hearing her voice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom