Wishes

Dr Disney

Original Poster
I was watching some old videos last night. I watched the old Fireworks display from MGM, the one they used to do above the GMR when an inflatable Mickey came up at the end. ( the video was taken July 91)

I was struck by how similar it was to Wishes in the way the fireworks were used.

Anybody else remember this or have any comments

speck76

I have only seen the Wishes video, (and watched Wisher from my balcony) but I do not see much of a resemblence. Fireworks are fireworks (although they are cool as s) and I guess some things will always be similar.

Either way, Wishes looks to be an improvement over the old show, and that is a good thing.

Also, I love the way they use the roman candles.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know what you mean - Sorcery in the Sky used predominatley rooftop launched pyro, so you get that very close up effect (even more so than you do with Wishes - this still launches its high altitude rockets from the Firework compound). Another similarity is the low altitude `explosions`, though not as fierce in Wishes than they were/are in Sorcery (they still run the MGM show on July 4th/New Years Eve). And both are similar in distance to the crowd as DLPs Fantasy in the Sky - where all the pyro is launched from within the berm, and most of it from within Fantasyland!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom