• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

mousehockey37

From what the blog said, it doesn't sound like it. You miss certain effects now if you aren't right in front of the Castle. Yes, you'll miss projections, but it will still be a fireworks show with a full musical score.

He's not questioning fireworks or music... Where are you getting this from?

ToTBellHop

From what the blog said, it doesn't sound like it. You miss certain effects now if you aren't right in front of the Castle. Yes, you'll miss projections, but it will still be a fireworks show with a full musical score.
The blog post is pure spin. It's not 18 minutes of fireworks. There will be significant portions with no pyro where you can focus on your cinnamon roll.

21stamps

The blog post is pure spin. It's not 18 minutes of fireworks. There will be significant portions with no pyro where you can focus on your cinnamon roll.
Do you think they would do that in the middle of the show? Or instead, just do a beginning portion that way?
I've never seen the Disneyland one, so no point of comparison for me..but it would seem odd to just take a mid fireworks portion break.

mousehockey37

Do you think they would do that in the middle of the show? Or instead, just do a beginning portion that way?
I've never seen the Disneyland one, so no point of comparison for me..but it would seem odd to just take a mid fireworks portion break.

If you've seen Illuminations, the part where the globe barge comes out is a gap like they're referring to.

Disney Analyst

If they did a full 18 minute non stop firework show that would be the longest firework show ever done at a park. Remember was the longest before at 17. Now I can't imagine MK is getting the longest show just because, so it can be assumed there will be significant pyroless sections (and I don't mean castle pyro; they may fill the gaps with that for Main Street / hub audiences, but be damned if you view anywhere else) ...

I would be sincerely impressed if TDO gave MK the longest firework show at any Disney park that is a firework show from start to finish like Wishes; especially when it's not even the 50th.

21stamps

If they did a full 18 minute non stop firework show that would be the longest firework show ever done at a park. Remember was the longest before at 17. Now I can't imagine MK is getting the longest show just because, so it can be assumed there will be significant pyroless sections (and I don't mean castle pyro; they may fill the gaps with that for Main Street / hub audiences, but be damned if you view anywhere else) ...

I would be sincerely impressed if TDO gave MK the longest firework show at any Disney park that is a firework show from start to finish like Wishes; especially when it's not even the 50th.

I completely agree that an 18 minute long fireworks show is massive, and I don't know if that's what it will be. My response the first time was a guess..still is, but there are cruises/dinners/parties/room type bookings/resort bookings, that are all tied to these fireworks..not just the people in the park.
It would be crazy for the show to have long gaps once the large fireworks have started.
My opinion.
I hope that's not what happens.

Calm Down Rover

As someone who personally felt that Wishes's level of soppy sweetness crossed the line from "charming" to "condescending" (though Disney films are stereotypically associated with unrelenting soppiness, that is rarely the actual case in my opinion) I am delighted by this news. I completely understand that Magic Kingdom, as WDW's flagship park, will usually be saddled with the most "brand-friendly" nighttime show. I'm really heartened by the addition of original animation made especially for the show, however, and I'm hoping for something closer in tone to the first version of World of Color (where the song sequences cover the broad range of emotions that you feel when watching Disney's best films).

I'll miss riding Big Thunder Mountain during fireworks, though.

ToTBellHop

No one said it will have "almost no pyro". It's still a fireworks spectacular. Ballpark 15-20% fewer shells than Wishes.

I think it will look quite good from the Hub, though.

jrhwdw

No one said it will have "almost no pyro". It's still a fireworks spectacular. Ballpark 15-20% fewer shells than Wishes.

I think it will look quite good from the Hub, though.
Hopefully just 15%. With the last premiere being Bell, BAM! , I can see why people would be a little concerned.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully just 15%. With the last premiere being Bell, BAM! , I can see why people would be a little concerned.
I'm concerned but trying to be optimistic. This show will have some cool tech. But it is vital that MK nighttime spectaculars be primarily pyro-driven. There are those who understand that but also those who have been tasked with producing savings. $124/guest only pays for so much, you know?

mousehockey37

I'm concerned but trying to be optimistic. This show will have some cool tech. But it is vital that MK nighttime spectaculars be primarily pyro-driven. There are those who understand that but also those who have been tasked with producing savings. $124/guest only pays for so much, you know?

LOL. I think we might see some hints of what's to come for the 50th. They're gonna use this new show to test things and see what works. I can only imagine that they're trying to do kinda like Disneyland Paris with their nighttime show. It has fireworks, castle pyro, water canons, projections, etc. So let's hope they run that way with it.

jrhwdw

LOL. I think we might see some hints of what's to come for the 50th. They're gonna use this new show to test things and see what works. I can only imagine that they're trying to do kinda like Disneyland Paris with their nighttime show. It has fireworks, castle pyro, water canons, projections, etc. So let's hope they run that way with it.
Seems that only DLP and SDL like those. I can't recall if HKDL was putting them in with the redid castle? DL and shockingly OLC hasn't bothered(OLC had them but just for summers, it was more about splashing people than a nighttime spectacular. Except for TDL's 25th.) We'll see where WDW goes.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My goodness you guys are miserable. We just got a major new show announced and everyone's reaction is "blah I bet it'll suck and be cheap and watered down. Classic TDO."

No, not classic TDO. Classic WDWMagic.

Well heaven forbid Disney reap what they sow'd. It says a lot when you take a community that used to kiss Disney's feet.. and it's come to this.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I think Wishes is the perfect ending to a day at Magic Kingdom and I'm pretty heartbroken to see it go. I'm a little excited for Happily Ever After though, especially after reading that Mulan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Brave, and so many other underrepresented films are going ot be included in it. :)

Jedi14

I think Wishes is the perfect ending to a day at Magic Kingdom and I'm pretty heartbroken to see it go. I'm a little excited for Happily Ever After though, especially after reading that Mulan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Brave, and so many other underrepresented films are going ot be included in it. :)
Hopefully Quasimodo will sing Out There and they won't just put him in the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom