Wishes / Illumination Firework Cruises

Cinderella1976

We are going to Disney in December (1 - 9) :xmas: and my daughter and I are celebrating our birthdays (our birthdays are a day apart, I will be 30 & she will be turning 5) and someone suggested that we do a birthday celebration cruise. I know they offer the cruises for both Illuminations & Wishes but I am not sure which one to do or if it is worth the extra money. Has anyone ever done this before and if so, was it worth it or is it better to just view the fireworks in the park? Also are the boats big enough to accommodate a family of five (2 adults and 3 children) comfortably?

2005 - Grand Floridian
2006 - Grand Floridian (December 1 - 9)

MHSJAX

We have done both and enjoyed them very much. Epcot was first with two families (a total of 2 adults and 8 kids) and was not too crowded. We met the boat at the Boardwalk. Toured the Epcot resort lakes and ended up under the bridge for the fireworks. Only downside was we where downwind from the smoke. Still great and the best part is NO crowd to fight on the way out. And now for my suggestion, try and plan it on a night that there is a Very Merry X-mas Party. The special fireworks on those nights at the Magic Kingdom are AMAZING. We were on our way back to our room near the dock at the G.F. and was asked by a cast member if we would like to join her for a "fireworks cruise" someone had paid for it then failed to show up (Shocking I know). She only had minutes to clear the lake for the extra fireworks. We know wishes by heart and had no idea how much more spectacular the X-mas party show would be since we would not be going until the next night. Miranda from the Poly rec. team made our trip extra special that night. A little magic maybe. I hope a very nice tip and call to her boss made hers. Good luck and hope this helps.

Upvote 0

applelific

I just came back from wdw yesterday. I was intrested in a wishes fireworks cruise as well so i went to the front desk of the hotel we were staying at (Pop Century) and to my suprise the agent told me its not worth it! She said the cruises are overpriced (they go about $200) and the foods not that good. I was suprised she said that but grateful for her honesty. We opted out and watched from the bridge at tommorow land as there were less people. (main street was mobbed). If you have the money to spend on it i would say go ahead, but as the agent mentioned there are plenty of other things to spend you $200 bucks on.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Since it looks like you have been to WDW a few times I always like to find something different or new. I think the cruise is worth it and I agree with MHSJAX, that if you can time it with a MVMCP Fireworks it would be even better.

I did a speciality cruise on the Grand 1 Yacht for me and my better half, I dont even want to tell you how much that cost $$$$$, but it was a full meal served by a butler with cocktails before and champagne at the end...let just say another unforgetable WDW experience.

Check out these links for more info....

http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/spcruise.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/illum.htm

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
I just discussed it with my husband and I think we might splurge and go for it! I think I will book it for December 1st because that night is scheduled for the MVMCP and it will also be our first night there so I think it will be a great way to start our vacation. Thank you for your advice!

135 days to go!!!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

samlai

Opening 6 Spots Fireworks Cruise Monday June 23

I have 6 spots open for the fireworks cruise for Monday, June 23. Contact me at 415-519-8800. Price will be around 30.00 per person not including tip.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I just discussed it with my husband and I think we might splurge and go for it! I think I will book it for December 1st because that night is scheduled for the MVMCP and it will also be our first night there so I think it will be a great way to start our vacation. Thank you for your advice!

135 days to go!!!! :xmas:

That's exactly what we did last year, a Wishes! cruise during a MVMCP night. It was amazing. Worth every penny, even though it was an extravagant purchase for us.

If you are going to do it, I recommend going all the way and getting the slightly more expensive boat which features audio (pumped from the park). I think it was like a $40-50 difference (with audio the cost was $280) but especially with the Xmas music we really liked it. But either way, you will have a great time!

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom