Wishes from the Monorail Hotels?

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, for the first time in forever (sorry, couldn't resist), I watched Wishes from outside of the Magic Kingdom (specifically, from the California Grill, which was an awesome way to end an awesome meal). The way they have the music pumped in through the restaurant speakers had me wondering... how many places around the monorail hotels are there to watch Wishes and still get the music? Specifically, I've heard of people watching Wishes from the TTC and the beaches from the Poly and I assume they play the music hear too, but can you (for example) get the music in your room if you have a MK view at the Contemporary or do they limit the places where you can also hear the music to just publically accessible areas?

CJLove79

So, for the first time in forever (sorry, couldn't resist), I watched Wishes from outside of the Magic Kingdom (specifically, from the California Grill, which was an awesome way to end an awesome meal). The way they have the music pumped in through the restaurant speakers had me wondering... how many places around the monorail hotels are there to watch Wishes and still get the music? Specifically, I've heard of people watching Wishes from the TTC and the beaches from the Poly and I assume they play the music hear too, but can you (for example) get the music in your room if you have a MK view at the Contemporary or do they limit the places where you can also hear the music to just publically accessible areas?

From what I've read & was told by numerous people, there's a channel on your TV in your room where you can hear the same music as in the Magic Kingdom. Me and my girl have a Theme Park View Suite at the Contemporary Resort so can't wait to try it out myself in October. :) You can ask during your Check In or look in the TV Guide in your room for the channel.

shipley731

Yes, I can confirm that there is a channel on the TV in your room that you can hear the Wishes soundtrack as the show goes on. They also pipe the music into the concierge lounge on the 12th floor at the Contemporary. (I ran a few meetings at the Contemporary a few years back & each time, they put me in a concierge room. Pretty nice.)

Narcooses at the Grand Floridian also has the soundtrack piped onto the deck. It's a nice spot to watch the show. Different perspective than watching from Cali Grill.

I've watched Wishes from the beach at the Poly about a year & a half ago. They were playing the soundtrack, but from where I was sitting, I could hardly hear it. Not sure where the speakers are.

BethG

We've stayed in a MK view room at BLT and, yes, there is a TV channel that plays the music. That is my favorite way to watch the fireworks.

MaryJaneP

IIRC, we were on the dock behind CR way way long ago (before BLT) and we heard fireworks soundtrack. Not sure if it was piped in to BGM by pools or if it was overheard from 4th floor deck outside CR. We can also personally attest to TV audio in MK view rooms in CR (trip in 2010). Interesting about FW, is it viewable from there? Makes us wonder about WL, either piped or TV.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can also see the fireworks from the boat dock and the marina area (in front of Gasparilla's) at the GF. No soundtrack though, although you can hear it coming across the water from MK.

rob0519

There is also a balcony on the 4th floor near the stairwell by the Sundry Store when you can go outside and watch wishes. The music is piped in there as well.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure the MK view rooms at both the Poly and GF have the channel to hear the music during Wishes. It is also piped to the Top of the World Lounge and MK view rooms at Bay Lake Tower.

Ernestwisdom

Hi!!
Does anybody know the music that plays (or use to play) At Fort Wilderness during Christmas time?
I know one of the songs was "The holly and the ivy by Alex De Grassi" that was one of my favorites

Mousebits is gone I think, would of love to have gotten on there!

HouCuseChickie

I've been told by several people that the music is piped in at the area by Narcoosee's. We haven't watched from there, but it's a very popular spot.

hunnybelle

We watched Wishes two weeks ago from the Poly Beach, and there was no soundtrack. We had a great view of the fireworks but no music:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom