Wishes FP+ is now standing room only? How is it for young kids?

Dzof

Original Poster
I know when it started, FP+ for Wishes meant you could sit on the grass.

However recent reports say that Wishes is now mandatory standing. Is this true, and does this mean it's unsuitable for young children (ages 3-4) because they'll be surrounded by standing adults (or have to be carried)?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know when it started, FP+ for Wishes meant you could sit on the grass.

However recent reports say that Wishes is now mandatory standing. Is this true, and does this mean it's unsuitable for young children (ages 3-4) because they'll be surrounded by standing adults (or have to be carried)?
I would suggest not using FP for Wishes, and instead find a spot along Main Street closer to the Train Station where it is less busy. You will still be standing, but should be in less of a tight pack.

Wags14

I agree with the previous posts. I would not recommend using a FP+ on Wishes. However with that being said, we recently did this because we were arriving late at the park due to other arrangements and just wanted to try it out.

We got there about 5 minutes after our time allowed and the small grass area was already filled. We ended up leaning against the railings near the front. Which would have been a decent view had there not been two giant light displays directly in the way. Which completely interfered with pictures, etc. The one good thing about the area is there was no pushing or shoving, nor people walking around you during the show, it was a more relaxing experience.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
That's the frustrating part for me. My kids would love see these things, but more often then not they're being obstructed by adults :(

MickeyLuv'r

The last time I saw Wishes, my view- as an adult- was completely obscured by guests holding cell phones and i-pads over their heads. Sadly, I don't see a solution happening any time soon.

Red Sox

My view and my 9 year old daughter's view was obstructed by children on shoulders of adults. I held her at my side so her head was equal in height to mine as I refuse to be thoughtless enough to ruin it for those behind me.

Dzof

Original Poster
Thank you very much for all your replies.

We've unbooked Wishes and changed it to Peter Pan as a result!

DizneyPryncess

I would suggest not using FP for Wishes, and instead find a spot along Main Street closer to the Train Station where it is less busy. You will still be standing, but should be in less of a tight pack.

This is what we do for Wishes with our now 3 year old. When it's not as tightly packed in, you have a better shot at being able to see. And then we don't have a crazy Main Street to maneuver down afterward. :)

Brian

I booked a Wishes FP+ and realized that it is no different than watching from anywhere else in the park. I was packed like sardines.

bigorangeandy

Back in early March you could sit and enjoy the show, the plastic grass felt weird, but worked fine. The only reason I used a FP+ was because I was in town and didn't make it to the park till almost 7 that evening. I had planed to do it again when me and my wife head down in November, but if we are going to be packed and stacked, I'll make a different plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom