Wishes FastPass+ Crowds?

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, this Saturday will start my wife's first EVER trip to Disney. We're getting to the park mid afternoon and, to cap off her first night at the Magic Kingdom, I wanted the best seats (without a substantial wait or leaving the park) for Wishes so I made the executive decision to delay our 4th FastPass and get the FastPass for Wishes (our intention is to take advantage of the fact that the park is open until 3 am and do a bunch of riding after Wishes).

We want to arrive early enough for Celebrate (at 9:45), but the FastPass reservation specifically says to come between 9:35 and 9:55 . So, how have crowds been in the FastPass+ viewing areas for Celebtrate/Wishes in the past week or two? If we get there at 9:35 (or even 9:45 for that matter), will the area still be empty enough that we can spread out comfortably and relax a bit, or have they been allowing a fair number of people into the FastPass+ viewing areas such that we should arrive a bit before 9:35 to make sure we can get a decent place to sit?

My hope/vision, is that we can walk up at 9:40 to find a FastPass+ viewing area where everyone can sit and enjoy Celebrate/Wishes with a great view with maybe about an arms length between most people (as opposed to everyone else who will be standing shoulder to shoulder and you need to arrive at 8:30 to get a decent spot). Is that a reasonable expectation?

JohnD

When I last did Wishes it was in the Rose Garden area just to the right of the castle, providing a skewed view of the fireworks. It really wasn't that crowded, though, as the FP+ area is roped off from everyone else.

The area has moved and it's in the new open hub area just in front of Casey's Corner so don't have direct experience, yet, in the new area. I do have a FP+ for it for my next trip in May, however. Just like you, I arrive mid-afternoon with a FP+ for 7DMT, Wishes, and MSEP. There really aren't "seats", per se. Just an area where you can stand and watch. Although, you can bring a towel, spread it out on the grass, and sit and watch the fireworks. The timeframe of 9:35 to 9:55 also incorporates watching the Celebrate the Magic projection show against the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom