Wishes Confusion

clarabellej

Original Poster
I show on my MDE itinerary that I am supposed to show up at 10:40 for fireworks viewing on a night when Wishes is sched. for 10pm.

Very confusing.

I called Disney and they confirmed the Wishes start time and said I should arrive in the viewing area at 9:40.

Even with the fireworks at 10, this seems close to me.

Never done the viewing area before, so I am now totally confused. If I go further into my fastpasses/as if I want to change the time, it does show 9:40.

Taking into consideration that there is an Electrical Light Parade at 9 preceding the fireworks, what time does everyone suggest I be in the area? I understand that the parade viewing and fireworks viewing are in two different spots. Kinda nuts if you ask me. Why don't they just let us plant ourselves in one spot and watch both?

I am beginning to wonder if getting to this viewing area in a timely manner is even worth the hassle. Please advise!

I have a couple of passes for Jungle Cruise and Pirates between 7:40 and 9:40.

I am more than familiar with the mayhem that happens before the fireworks, so I am wondering if this is bad planning on my part.

HolleBolleGijs

Part of the benefit of having the fastpass is not having to stake out a spot. So 9:40 for a 10:00 showing seems right to me (granted I've never actually used one). I don't know what's going on with the app though. Are you sure the FP is for the right day?

clarabellej

Original Poster
Part of the benefit of having the fastpass is not having to stake out a spot. So 9:40 for a 10:00 showing seems right to me (granted I've never actually used one). I don't know what's going on with the app though. Are you sure the FP is for the right day?
Yes, I have calmed down today and I am not worrying about it anymore. I too suppose that the whole point of reserving in the viewing area is just that. And yet, I know how crazy it gets around that time. I still have not figured out why it shows the different times on my MDE on my laptop. I went further in as if I were going to change the time and it showed the correct times that everyone else is looking at. So I know it is in there, just super misleading that it is different from what I see. I cannot do the Disney app on my crazy phone, but my daughter can on her i phone. When I get a chance I will have her take a looked at the plans which are shared with her and see if she sees the correct times. She is down with something right now. Fingers crossed it is not the flu. We are only 12 days away now. Wonder if that is enough time for both of us to be sick and get well???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom