Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

TsWade2

She is at least public about who she is and is a member of the Hollywood Critics Association, a well respected organization of film critics. And just like most public Hollywood reporters and critics tend to have vetted "sources".

WDWPro is some anonymous blogger that claims to be "in the know" on stuff, but usually isn't. And is likely getting their info from the tram drivers.

Basically I would believe anything she says over WDWPro any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Still, she’s not reliable.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Still, she’s not reliable.
If you don't like her or trust her reporting, so be it.

But I've been following her for a few years now, and I've found she is better than most out there when it comes to reporting scoops. She primarily doesn't report on rumors until they are vetted, which is why most of the time when she does report on them it usually ends up being pretty accurate I've found.

Just like all legit "scoopers" out there they will get things wrong based on changing factors of the business. But the ones that get things more right than wrong are usually the ones you can trust.

Also it should be noted, Grace has NEVER claimed to be an "insider".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also it should be noted, Grace has NEVER claimed to be an "insider".

But I've been following her for a few years now, and I've found she is better than most out there when it comes to reporting scoops.

How can she give "scoops" without being an "insider"? [If you mean she's reporting other people's "scoops" then that's not a scoop, it's aggregating.]

Her self-proclaimed insideriness is on full display.

And James Gunn has been shooting down her "scoops" regarding his movies and the DC(E)U quite regularly.

She's not a good source for information.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How can she give "scoops" without being an "insider"? [If you mean she's reporting other people's "scoops" then that's not a scoop, it's aggregating.]
As you probably know (or maybe you don't) a “scoop” is an old school news term for getting a story out before another reports on it. The reporter or "scooper" would get the info for the story from sources who had the inside information on the story. The reporter themselves are not insiders, they are reporters reporting on the information provided by the source.

So according to you, that would make ALL reporters "aggregators" since none would be insiders to the story.

Her self-proclaimed insideriness is on full display.
She doesn't claim to be an "insider", never has.

And James Gunn has been shooting down her "scoops" regarding his movies and the DC(E)U quite regularly.
He shoots down almost all information by people trying to report on him.

She's not a good source for information.
Disagree.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As you probably know (or maybe you don't) a “scoop” is an old school news term for getting a story out before another reports on it. The reporter or "scooper" would get the info for the story from sources who had the inside information on the story. The reporter themselves are not insiders, they are reporters reporting on the information provided by the source.

So according to you, that would make ALL reporters "aggregators" since none would be insiders to the story.

She doesn't claim to be an "insider", never has.

He shoots down almost all information by people trying to report on him.

Disagree.
None of this has convinced me otherwise.

TP2000

So... is Asha a Lesbian or not? Is she Afro-Latina or Black? And what about the goat community? Where do they stand in this?

If Asha was meant to be a Lesbian when outspoken 2SLGBTQQIA+ member Ariana DeBose signed on to voice Asha in 2021, but then the Lesbian angle got cut out of the story in late production edits in 2023 after flops like Lightyear and Strange World, will Ms. Debose go quietly to the premiere party this November and pretend everything is fine and dandy?

Lesbian? Afro-Latina? Does being just one of those things rack up enough Kool Kidz credits in 2023, or do you need both now?

This will be interesting to watch how Burbank handles this one, especially after Strange World. And if Ms. Debose falls into line.

tcool123

Is she Afro-Latina or Black?
She’s still afro-latina, and to my knowledge (but I’ve been wrong many many times before) is also black.

If Asha was meant to be a Lesbian when outspoken 2SLGBTQQIA+ member Ariana DeBose signed on to voice Asha in 2021, but then the Lesbian angle got cut out of the story in late production edits in 2023 after flops like Lightyear and Strange World, will Ms. Debose go quietly to the premiere party this November and pretend everything is fine and dandy?
NDAs are powerful things, if this is indeed the case.

doctornick

I thought everyone just assumes Grace Randolph is unreliable with anything she reports. I mean it's pretty much a running joke on most online fan communities that when you cite something she says that you have to put a "but it's Grace Randolph" disclaimer since you know there's a good chance it will end up incorrect. I can barely identify the names of any entertainment reporter/blogger/whatever and but know her by reputation just because it's a running joke.

Last edited:

Ghost93

I thought everyone just assumes Grace Randolph is unreliable with anything she reports. I means pretty much a running joke on most online fan communities that when you cite something she says that you have to put a "but it's Grace Randolph" disclaimer since you know there's a good chance it is incorrect. I mean, I barely can identify the names of any entertainment reporter/blogger/whatever and but know her by reputation just because it's a running joke.
As I said in my initial post about Grace, she is inconsistent. She IS right a lot of the time, but when she turns out to be wrong she almost never admits it.

With the Wish situation, I would not be surprised if Ariana's character was meant to be LGBTQ and then they changed it in production due to the Lightyear/Strange World box office.

TsWade2

Not that it matters, but who said anything about Asha being a lesbian? How/why/when/where did that even come up?
It's just a silly nonsense. Disney never said anything about that. Asha will might either get her own prince love interest or just be independent like Merida in Brave or Moana in Moana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom