Wish Upon a Star Nighttime Spectacular

Vipraa

Original Poster
Wish Upon a Star logo.jpg

Wish Upon a Star:
"Make a wish on a star and follow it past the Second Star to make your dreams com true. Discover the joy excitement and danger as we all take this journey in search of our Dreams"

This is the main nighttime spectacular for the Kingdom of Dreams Park at the Texas Disney Resort. Combining the best of projection and big pyro shows it will be a innovative nightly spectacular. The Show will utilize new and old effects such as. Projections, Lasers, Flames, Water Fountains, Drones and varied pyro effects.

Synopsis
-You Can Fly-
-Wish Upon a Star-
-If You Believe-
-Whole New World-
-Let It Go-
-I See the Light-
-Pirates-
-Hellfire-
-Fly Medley-
As always thoughts and comments are always appreciated. Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

View attachment 78190

Wish Upon a Star:
"Make a wish on a star and follow it past the Second Star to make your dreams com true. Discover the joy excitement and danger as we all take this journey in search of our Dreams"

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/115773921?color=ffffff" width="700" height="394" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="">Wish Upon a Star Firework Spectaular</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user36024735">Vipraa</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

This is the main nighttime spectacular for the Kingdom of Dreams Park at the Texas Disney Resort. Combining the best of projection and big pyro shows it will be a innovative nightly spectacular. The Show will utilize new and old effects such as. Projections, Lasers, Flames, Water Fountains, Drones and varied pyro effects.

Synopsis
-You Can Fly-
-Wish Upon a Star-
-If You Believe-
-Whole New World-
-Let It Go-
-I See the Light-
-Pirates-
-Hellfire-
-Fly Medley-

You did a really good job with this! I love the nighttime show!:)

Vipraa

Original Poster
@IDInstitute, @RMichael21, @LittleGiants16, @Tip Top Club, @jdmdisney99, @tcool, @Voxel, @JokersWild, @TheOriginalTiki, @englanddg, @Sam4D23

If any of you could write critiques both good and bad of this it would be greatly appreciated. critique it like you would any competition entry and you were a judge. Joker and Tiki could even make one of there video reviews if they would like. Only if you have time of course.

I want to know as many opinions as I can so I can improve and make the best quality stuff in the future.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

JokersWild

Don't have time to make a video, but have some text:

Really incredible. Really. The animation was really nice. My only critiques are with pacing. The a cappella section at the beginning went just a little long, and I'm saying this mainly because it comes back up at the end. Perhaps if you cut "You Can Fly" a bit and keep the same length for "When You Wish Upon A Star," as it is the name of the show. I also felt that "Whole New World" and "Let It Go" were a tad long as well. There could very easily be other things happening than just those two songs. That said, I want to see "Let It Go" in a fireworks show now, and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of Frozen at all, let alone "Let It Go."

From Pirates on, the show was absolutely spectacular, especially the transition between Pirates and "Hellfire." That was probably the most "professional" sounding part of the show, as that transition was absolutely seamless. The "Night on Bald Mountain" part was wonderful as well, blending into "Hellfire" really nicely.

Again, I really loved the a cappella sections. The Fly Medley was great, and worked as a really incredible ending to the show as well.

Really, everything worked really, really well. Pacing problems aside, this was absolutely incredible. Great job.
60d.gif

DinoInstitute

View attachment 78190

Wish Upon a Star:

Synopsis
-You Can Fly-
-Wish Upon a Star-
-If You Believe-
-Whole New World-
-Let It Go-
-I See the Light-
-Pirates-
-Hellfire-
-Fly Medley-

Ok, now I'll do my review.

It was really well done, no doubt about that. The story/description was perfect, and watching it felt like me actually experiencing the show and the incredible story of "discovering the danger and excitement in searching for dreams". It was heart-touching at times, and the music choices really worked. My favorite scene was probably the Hellfire climax.

Now, nothing here was bad, but there are some things that maybe can be improved to only make it better. One thing I thought was that you could have done more with corresponding fireworks and effects with the music. It was great and I could kind of feel it there, but that could have been used more, as well as the use of some of the effects in other places (One thing that comes to mind is possibly drones used as lanterns in the Tangled scene?).
I understand what Jokers was saying also about timing. I felt the finale and intro acapella were a bit long, but other that that, I think it worked well. One last thing that may be a concern- I'm not quite sure how the castle is designed to look like in real life, but would the projections shown on the three dimensional castle make the image distorted at all? I supposed that can be adjusted for though.

Anyways, this really was incredible. There were some things that maybe could improve, but keep in mind I could never do anything even close to the level of that. Truly remarkable :)

tcool

View attachment 78190

Wish Upon a Star:

Synopsis
-You Can Fly-
-Wish Upon a Star-
-If You Believe-
-Whole New World-
-Let It Go-
-I See the Light-
-Pirates-
-Hellfire-
-Fly Medley-

Nit pick, but is it joy, excitement, and danger or joy excitement, and danger (bolded it. I know I'm being very picky...)

Wish Upon A Star - If You Believe - Whole New World felt odd mostly because it went to a cappela -pop- Disney Classic?(Don't know what to call it).

I like the a capella at the beginning & end, but I feel the first You Can Fly shouldn't be there and it should start with Wish Upon a Star. The reason being for that it's also included in the Fly Medley.

I feel that there could've been more movies represented mainly another song from one of the classic Disney Movies (Snow White - Oliver & Co) , and another from Modern Times (Mermiad - Big Hero 6). If it were me personally Whole New World & Let It Go would've been shortened to include a jungle medley (Bare Necessities, I Wanna Be Like You, Hakunna Mattata, and Trashin' The Camp). I also would've added more villains than the 2 I saw represented...3 maybe since Hellfire is Frollo's Song.

Overall bravo! This is a good show that I would like to see it in person. Truly fantastic I give you a round of applause.
giphy.gif

Twilight_Roxas

It looks good would be cool if there was well a Alice in Wonderland segment with the original music of the pre-premiere world of color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom